AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business Disappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business listing disappeared sometime in less than 5 days ago (the last time I logged into the business account).

The business is called Border Cards and our number is 109913478364858702384. The business url now redirects to our Google + profile. No sign of the business.

Our address is 22 Linden Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M4Y 1V6. We share the office with another business, and their listing is still there.

Phone number: 1-855-760-0888

I see lots of posts about business listings being "suspended," but we have received no such notification in our email account associated with the business and I don't get any warnings when I'm in the business section, just the form to create the new listing again.

I see that there was a glitch in April about this problem, but that the businesses still existed on Maps. Ours does not.

Does anyone have any idea what to do? Do I just recreate the listing, verify it and hope for the best? I have no idea what happened.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Business Disappeared

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

just a question @Border C

the building  with the address 22 doesn't show any signage of any business at all.

Screenshot 2017-01-25 at 19.37.01.png

Can you please provide me a photo showing a business "Border cards" at the "22"?

Business Disappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yup, that's us. We rent an office from a former concert pianist. It's in one of his houses.

Business Disappeared

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Border C

wasn't it me asking:

"Can you please provide me a photo showing a business "Border cards" at the "22"?"

Business Disappeared

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Border C

wasn't it me asking:

"Can you please provide me a photo showing a business "Border cards" at the "22"?"

Business Disappeared

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our office

We don't have any signs up or anything. Most of the business is done online. It's only about once or twice a month that customers show up. Usually it's just the mailman.

Is a photo with a sign indicating our business the only way to avoid this happening in the future?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Helmut Geissler

I have a similar problem.

For more than two years i had my business "Chalet Saudade" listing at Google Maps.

It's a B&B or Guesthouse located in Rua Dr. Alfredo da Costa, 21 and 23, 2710-524 Sintra, Portugal.

Chalet Saudade

But i just find out this week that my google listing (link) and reviews and photos from my guests all desappeared.

And google seemed to MERGED my listing "Chalet Saudade" with my other business coffeeshop "Café Saudade" that is located in a different street 300m distant, situated in Av. Dr. Miguel Bombarda, 6 - 2710-590 Sintra, Portugal.

Café Saudade

Café Saudade in Streetview

Now, my other listing (Café Saudade, a coffeeshop) have the automatic ads of booking.com and expedia.com etc etc of my "lost" listing Chalet Saudade. Is a coffeeshop with "checking best rate for my guesthouse Chalet Saudade.

My clients of my GuestHouse Chalet Saudade, when they arrived by train to my town Sintra, they use the phone to search the B&B and go directly to my coffeeshop Café Saudade, thinking they are going to the B&B. That it's very problematic for us and the clients

The second problem is that the people that are seeing the second listing of my coffeeshop Café Saudade, may be wrongly informed that my coffeeshop is also a GuestHouse, and that is not.

See here

Chalet Saudade is a B&B (is the blue house)

.Yesterday i tried to add again my Chalet Saudade listing as a new business on googlemaps. I don't know if i did a good option?

Best regards

Luís

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

sorry @Border C

I missed your reply and therefore have to apologize for my delayed answer:

I see no chance for any help for an online oriented business.

GoogleMyBusiness is dedicated for business facing all their customers in person.

@Luís P

I would prefer if you start an own and separate thread

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Note:

Please ping me there trough the @-fuction of this forum as I pinged you also - per " @Luís P "