AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Business Centre Duplicate Listing issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Clients GMB page was flagged as a 'duplicate listing'. Verified the listing to resolve the issue, and it ended up giving us management of the business centre they operate in which was unexpected and unwanted.

Any advice on how this issue might have arisen and how to resolve in future?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Business Centre Duplicate Listing issue

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

Quick question so I can make sure I'm understanding correctly. Is the business centre the whole building? And they just operate in part of it? (ie a certain suite or office number)

When you verify a duplicate listing, you are basically confirming that you are affiliated with the business that is already published. The published listing that your client's listing was showing up as a duplicate of was probably pulled under your account instead of creating a whole new listing for just your client.

Is the name of the business centre different than your clients? Could you provide some details on the listing? (ie Name, Address, etc. Or a link to the listing itself?)

Thanks!

Re: Business Centre Duplicate Listing issue

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Dean B,

Have you contacted the GMB support team to discuss the issue with them and get the matter resolved?
You can contact them by filling out and submitting this form.

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_other_problem

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor