AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Brand Account primary owner change

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Marsh & Parsons
2. Current business address: 

120 Askew Road London W12 9BL

3. Current telephone number: 02081020123
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Marsh+%26+Parsons/@51.5026241,-0.2430843,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...
5. Website (if applicable): www.marshandparsons.co.uk 

Hi there, 

I am having issues with my Google My Business pages as the primary owner on each of them is the brand account rather than the gmail email (which is a manager). I don't know what email is associated with the brand account so can't log in to change this on them (I'm inclined to think there is no email connected). This is stopping me from adding new users to the account. 

Is there a way to change the primary owner from the brand account to the email instead? I've looked at alll the ownership threads and these all refer to people rather than brand accounts. I've tried using the request ownership and it comes back saying my account already owns it. 

Thanks

Katharine 

Brand Account primary owner change

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Katharine,

I wish I had an answer for you, but I'm experiencing a similar issue. Someone else—someone we are unable to contact because my client has no idea who it is—is the primary owner of 3 locations and my client is only manager. This is super annoying because I cannot add them to our AdWords campaign if I am not an owner!

I hope we get some answers because I agree – there are no answers in the support guide.