3.6K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Bought a business....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently bought a business and under the Canada asset bulk sales act, the seller is required to close the business while I have to give the business a new name and logo. I retained the old URL, phone number and business address.

The old company name is "Designer Dogs Pet Spa Inc", my new company name is "Designer Dogs Pet Spa and Daycare Inc". Google is listing the old business name (previous owner) linked to my new company's  website and it uses the previous company's logo. I want this changed. I made a new Google business page for my new company and is awaiting verification code via post card. In the past 2 months, 2 users sabotaged my new company by writing bad Google Reviews on the old company's search results. Consequently, my business suffered greatly. I know the reviews are a separate issue. I really want that old company google listing to disappear. Legally speaking, that company should not exist. Does anyone know how this can be done?   

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ivy T
June

Bought a business....

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ivy, you can flag the listing by suggesting an edit "permanently closed"

Bought a business....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Michal S,

Thanks for the response and sorry it took so long to reply. I finally decided to declare the business "Permanently Closed". In fact, I am in contact with Google staff regarding ownership of the old listed company. Instead of a transfer of ownership, I opted for it to be permanently closed, one reason being that I'm eager to cut ties with the old management (business seller) and I cannot see myself managing managing the business listing started by her and/or her former employees. Now, I have created a new business listing, verified it but Google still marks it as a duplicate of another listing at that address. The old listing is marked Permanently Closed. A customer came into the shop last Saturday to ask me about the Google status, she was confused. I don't know when search results will pick up my new listing.