Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

BeyondMenu is back

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

After Google announced they were taking action against spammers, we saw a short respite of spam requests from BeyondMenu. Well, it appears they are back, and more aggressive than ever. 

beyondmenuisback.png

We manage websites and listings for restaurants and we expect to receive many more requests over the next few days. BeyondMenu is using a different email for each request:

kydia1055@gmail.com

kydia1066@gmail.com

beyondmenu1029@gmail.com

Clearly whatever action Google took didn't hold them off for long. I've said this numerous times on these forums in regards to BeyondMenu hijacked listings: There is nothing Google can do to "proactively" prevent BeyondMenu from stealing listings. Restaurant owners are concerned with the business of running their restaurant and cannot be expected to methodically explain to every new employee that there is a scam company that will call and lie to them to get a pin. 

The best approach is to provide a simple and immediate protocol for taking back listings once theyve been hijacked. It is incredibly easy to determine that a listing is linked to BeyondMenu - they use the same template for every single one of their hijacked listings - it isn't rocket science. 

We reached out to Google support to let them know that we are being spammed by BeyondMenu. They indicated they would pass it on to a higher tier, but did not provide much guidance. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tim Capper (Top Contributor)
3w

BeyondMenu is back

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google  ask you kindly and soon  to fill this  form:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/gmb_3p_complaints

Thanks for reporting and  your cooperation

View solution in original post

BeyondMenu is back

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Adam D

Notifying  Google

BeyondMenu is back

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Helmut! 

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We're more than willing to provide additional information or details in regards to these requests. 

One additional note: BeyondMenu is now refusing to cancel accounts. Several of our clients have informed us that they have called BeyondMenu to cancel their account numerous times (after not receiving a check, hijacked listing, etc) and BeyondMenu will either hang up on them or claim they "escalated" the request. One client told me they were so upset with the support rep, that BeyondMenu simply just closed the restaurant for a few days, to appease our client and make him think they had followed through on his request. It was back open again in a week.

This is a serious scam. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tim Capper (Top Contributor)
3w

BeyondMenu is back

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Google  ask you kindly and soon  to fill this  form:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/gmb_3p_complaints

Thanks for reporting and  your cooperation

BeyondMenu is back

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sure thing. 

BeyondMenu is back

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks  for your cooperation.

Thinking Google willdo what ever is possibl and  legit to  stop  them.

BeyondMenu is back

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Of course BeyondMenu is back... They took a little vacation, watched Dozens of other Companies play the same game that they used to... Got tired of sitting on the sidelines...

I spent an hour last week sitting down with a local restaurant owner explaining how we would create a solution for herself, her own system, commission free.  The Restaurant Owner 100% clearly "Understood" to not give the "Code" to anyone, she would keep it for her own system. 

I walk into there yesterday to follow up if she received her postcard, she has 4 Google Postcards sitting there.  She tells me "Yours didnt come yet", this one is for BeyondMenu, this one is for Eatstreet, This one is for ChineseMenuOnline and this one QMenu...

We were 100% Both on the same page, that she wants us to manage their profile.  We still are, she will call me as soon as that code arrives. The problem is she 100% Wants to work with everyone and will continue giving everyone the code.  

Is it right for Google to tell BeyondMenu they can't do something, that all of BeyondMenu competition is doing?

Gogole has to quickly figure out a way to Allow Multiple companies to be Part of the Google Profile, or remove the Google Profile until they do. 

But it is NOT FAIR for one Single Company to have access to it.  This is the reason for the constant changes of Websites for Local Restaurants.

BeyondMenu is back

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Example to those who don't understand what's not fair about it. 

Imagine a Business has Two Phone Companies, AT&T and Verizon.  They both Charge $40/month, and the business wants both.  At the end of each month they tell AT&T that they received more calls from Verizon. 

Verizon Says, okay lets get your Google Profile Fixed, they change it over. Now they start getting more calls from Verizon.  

Next month the business tells AT&T, they get more calls from Verizon. ETC, ETC... month after Month.. This starts becoming dizzy.   Now imagine a few more phone companies come into the mix, and tell the business, they can get a few more "Calls" from them.  

Today everyone understands that Google Profile is more important than a phone number....

BeyondMenu is back

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The problem with BeyondMenu is not just that they spam ownership requests. Obviously if it was just that you could argue that's just par for the course given the current environment. 

The real problem is that they are grossly dishonest and act in bad faith. They're a major reason why Google has to explicitly state that "No one from Google will ever call asking for a pin" at the beginning of a verification phone call. They do not attempt to engage with the actual owner of the restaurant. They are not upfront about their intentions. They prey on new, credulous employees who simply do not know better. I can confidently say that 9/10 of the restaurant owners I've spoken with, who have their listings stolen by BeyondMenu, never gave them permission to do so, and do not even recall ever giving them a pin. That is the definition of a scam.

Additionally, they would refuse to turn listings over to the rightful owner. They went to great lengths to disrupt the request process - by deleting and recreating listings to invalidate the original ownership request. They also had some method of invalidating the pin on the post card, so that when the post card arrived at the restaurant, the pin would not work. We had this happen to our clients dozens of times, ONLY with BeyondMenu. 

They are notorious for adding on random fees or simply not paying the the restaurant at all. They often refuse to comply with account cancellation requests.

These are not actions of honest actors simply just "playing the game". Our clients work with dozens of online ordering providers, none of them are remotely as bad as BeyondMenu.