AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Beyond menu took over ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am the owner of desi spice atlanta and had access to Google my business previously but beyond menu hijacked my access. I tried many times to request back my ownership but never got any response. I don't want beyond menu to link into my Google business at all. Wondering would you be able to solve this issue?

Kind regards

Tanbir Ahmed

1.Full business name : desi spice Indian cuisine
2. Current business address: 931 Monroe Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
3. Current telephone number : 4048722220
4. Google Maps URL : https://goo.gl/maps/id5qNsj4e8G2
5. Website : desispiceatlanta@gmail.com

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

If you're requesting access and not getting a response, you need to check the original email that you're sent when you request access.

The full process is below.

To get access to a listing that has already been verified, follow these steps:
1. Go ahead and try and claim the listing. It should tell you it’s verified and take you to the request access form.
2. When you fill that out, you’ll get an email. It’s imperative that you do not delete this email because you need it to appeal if the existing owner denies your request to transfer ownership.
3. The current owner has 7 days to respond. Do not contact GMB about this as they won’t do anything if it hasn’t been 7 days. The entire process is automated so you shouldn’t need to contact them at all.
4. If they grant you access within 7 days, your account now becomes the primary owner and they are demoted to a manager. This means you can go in and remove them, if needed.
5. If they deny you access or don’t respond in 7 days, pull up the email you received and click “view request”. If they denied you access, you should see a button to appeal. If they didn’t respond you should see a button that says “verify”. Both of these buttons do the same thing - they allow you to verify the listing via postcard. Once you successfully get the pin and enter it, this immediately boots the other user out completely and you are now the primary owner.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If this fixes your problem, please "Mark as Best Answer" to close the forum post.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Craig,

I waited 7 days as you said and now when I clicked view request it showing duplicate location and not seeing any option to verify. Wondering what to do?

Thanks

Tanbir Ahmed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI Tanbir Ahmed,

For Beyondmen hijacked case, you will need to contact with Google support for help. 

option 1.Fill this form to request a call https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_m?from=cuf_c2c

option 2. Contact Google My Business facebook page.

option 3. contact Google My Business twitter page

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey @DESI S,

If you wouldn't mind, can you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Re: Beyond menu took over ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Screenshot_20180417-114641.jpg

Craig,

Thanks for looking into this matter. Here I attached the screenshot. 

Thanks

Tanbir ahmed