8.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
favorite_border

Beyond Menu Will Not Transfer Ownership and GMB support is not helping.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I previously submitted a thread but now I can not find it.  So here is a brief recap.  
I've contacted Beyond Menu several times and requested ownership transfer.  Nothing has come of this.  
I have also contacted GMB Support 7 different times and again I am provided with no authoritative action to resolve the problem.  Its almost as if they are trained to deflect this particular issue. 
My patients is gone as I"m being treated as if the issue is of little importance.  I am charging my client for seo services and obviously this is a critical part of the process.  
Below I will post an email thread between my self and GMB support that has promised to elevate this matter and get things corrected, yet your will read that nothing being done.  
GMB support can not provide a straight answer and has no authority to help my client with this problem.  I need some type of upper-level support or re-verification processes explained so we can regain control. 

-----------------
Email 1.

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Google My Business Support.
After having investigated into your account, I could view more than one Google business listing by the same business name and as per your request, I would be happy to assist you with the ownership transfer of the duplicate page to your account.

However, in order for us to proceed further with the request, we would request you to send us an email authorization from the corporate domain. Please reply to this email with the authorization and I would make sure you get the claim of the page in no time.

For more understanding, you can read through our New Google My Business feature & GMB Help Center to understand the product better and follow us on our official blog for regular updates.
please reply with reference number 345627 .

Looking forward for your response.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Suruchi
Google My Business Support.

-----------

Email 2

Yes I have received the Mail

reference number 345627 .

-----------

Email 3

Still waiting for some type of support in regard to my ownership claim. As I have stated many times over. I have contacted Beyond Menu who has control over m GMB listing. They refused to transfer ownership.

Last time I spoke with GMB support we were verifying my corporate email address to get this situation cleared up and I have not heard anything back for over a week!

Can I please get some type of solution to this.

------------------

Email 4

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Google My Business support for the ownership of the business page for Haifa Falafel.

We have received a communication from the current listing owner, denying the request to transfer the ownership of the business listing.

We would request you to please contact the business owner and try to confirm your association with the business, once confirmed feel free to request for the admin rights again.

For more understanding, you can read through our New Google My Business feature & GMB Help Center to understand the product better and follow us on our official blog for regular updates.

Please get in touch with me for any clarifications or help you may need at any time. I'm only an email away.
Thank you,
Suruchi
Google My Business

nfirmed feel free to request for the admin rights again.

Please get in touch with me for any clarifications or help you may need at any time. I'm only an email away.
Thank you,
Suruchi
Google My Business

2 Expert replyverified_user

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy B
2w

Re: Beyond Menu Will Not Transfer Ownership and GMB support is not helping.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So after I requested ownership with a corporate email and was rejected by the person in control of the GMB listing (Beyond Menu) 

I repeated the steps to claim/appeal for ownership

1. Login to GMB Profile

2. Click the Add Location + Button in Bottom Right Corner

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 1.44.31 PM.png

(This will bring you to the map screen where you can add/look up a business) Business Look Up Screen

3. Enter your business information and click "continue" 

3.1. If you have NOT  yet been denied access you will be prompted with an option to request access. Do so and wait for 7days or until the verified owner replies with an approval or denial. 

3.2. If you have completed step 3.1 and the owner response is a denial, then repeat steps 1 through 3 and once you click continue you will be prompted with an appeal option.  

4. Follow the appeal process as outlined by prompts. 

My results: When I submitted an appeal my ownership approval was instantaneous. This was due to my previous request for ownership being done with a corporate email.

I will say that this instantaneous response may have also been attributed to Linda's assistance to escalate the issue. But I can not say for sure.  

My best recommendation when trying to recover a inaccessible GMB is to follow the outlined steps and also use a corporate email

View solution in original post

All Replies

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jeremy B

are you aware the fact Google recenty changed the procedure to solve suchb ownership conflicts?

Strongly recommend to forget any previous made requests and threads with support.

Follow their new procedure as per 

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thanks for posting here Jeremy!

Thanks @Helmut Geissler. I was about to share that new resource too. But in this case I think he's already been through the grinder and wasted far too many hours to have to go through it all again and wait 7 days with fingers crossed. 
(There is a thread at my forum with LOTS more details.)

So @Jeremy B, I just escalated to Google to see if they can more directly help.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Sound good!  Thank you so much for looking into this.

I will be waiting for their contact or for your follow-up, whichever comes first. 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeremy B,

These hijacks by Beyond Menu have been tough to resolve.

Google said this new process only works for hijacking situations AFTER the hijacker denies the claimant, if they do, then they'll allow the claimant to PIN verify. Like in this case, where BM is actively rejecting your claims. Therefore, they said you should go through that process, since once they get denied, you'll be given the option to verify and be the owner. 

They said it looks like the last time you requested ownership was before the new process launch - so I'm sorry but it looks like try it again is the best answer and should resolve it. If it does not then please let me know so I can let them know and we'll try pushing other buttons.

Here is that link again: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/News-Updates/Automating-Ownership-Conflict-for-Individuals... So it looks like @Helmut Geissler was spot on with his advice!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you so much for your help Linda and @Helmut Geissler.  I guess I just have poor timing with this. lol  

I will make the motion on submitting another claim with the corporate email.  Wait for the expected denial and then work through this new process. 

Fingers Crossed.  

Once it is a success I will mark one our your answers as an Accepted Solution. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeremy B
2w

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

So after I requested ownership with a corporate email and was rejected by the person in control of the GMB listing (Beyond Menu) 

I repeated the steps to claim/appeal for ownership

1. Login to GMB Profile

2. Click the Add Location + Button in Bottom Right Corner

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 1.44.31 PM.png

(This will bring you to the map screen where you can add/look up a business) Business Look Up Screen

3. Enter your business information and click "continue" 

3.1. If you have NOT  yet been denied access you will be prompted with an option to request access. Do so and wait for 7days or until the verified owner replies with an approval or denial. 

3.2. If you have completed step 3.1 and the owner response is a denial, then repeat steps 1 through 3 and once you click continue you will be prompted with an appeal option.  

4. Follow the appeal process as outlined by prompts. 

My results: When I submitted an appeal my ownership approval was instantaneous. This was due to my previous request for ownership being done with a corporate email.

I will say that this instantaneous response may have also been attributed to Linda's assistance to escalate the issue. But I can not say for sure.  

My best recommendation when trying to recover a inaccessible GMB is to follow the outlined steps and also use a corporate email

Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Well finally. Thanks so much for letting us know how you got this resolved!

Experts in the Topic
Linda Buquet
Helmut Geissler