AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Become primary owner of account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1.  Revolution Realty

2. 25 E Waterloo St #102, Canal Winchester, OH 43110

3. 614-834-8000

4.https://www.google.com/maps/place/Revolution+Realty/@39.8421779,-82.804884,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4...

5. revolutionrealtyinc.com

Trying to become the primary owner of a business listing so we can start running ads and analytics.  The current primary owner on the account is no longer with the company and is not responding to transfer of ownership requests.  Can the listing have verification removed so we can properly reclaim it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Verification removing and reclaiming may be difficult and may lead to suspension of account.Better to contact currency owner to become the primary owner

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I don't understand the answer given by @bonny baby to @Blake P as Blake made clear he is not able to contact the actual owner.

I also suppose Blake tried already to request getting transferred the owner ship by the means of this procedure 

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals already.

But even in case Blake has done or tried this already it must fail in case the listing in question is already in Blake dahsborad and Blake is an admin (aka manager) or communication manager "ONLY".

So the question I have adressing @Blake P:
Am I right about my aboove scenario and waht is your actual role managing the listing (you should be able to get this under "users" for th listing in question)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You are correct.  I am currently a manager of the page trying to get ownership of it.  I have tried the Automated Ownership transfer with no success and no response.  Trying to find the next step to get the listing ownership.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

At first tha almost same scenarioa have been reported couple of days in our German GMB forum by a manager "only" and after some investigation I made I found a

this according HC article  to deal with such situation  is outdated 

I refer to the part "Increase management access" -> "Request ownership" in the linked HC article. 

I have already reported this badness to Google 

(FMI: https://goo.gl/doMbGX)

However it might need some time to update the procedure.

Now my advice  for a pretty strange workaround:

Right now It seems to be the only available option to let an admin (aka "manager") of such a listing  requesting the ownership by achieving this two steps:

Step A#

the manager needs to shut down his role as "manager" (can done by clickign the little " x " rightmost the shown manager in the box )

Step B #

The manager can then apply 

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

Note: omitting step A won't allow to apply step B 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!  FYI I can't see that link for the FMI, says I don't have enough access rights.  

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Blake P:

FMI = For My Interest (only)

I post it here for my better reference of such escalations 

In case such info is to share it with oyu guys I would typ "FYI"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you have any success recently about this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry, I did not follow the abbreviation correctly.  

So my issue still exists.  I have had another employee try to claim the business through the Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals process but we aren't even getting the confirmation email that we attempted to claim it so after the seven day wait period we have no way to "View Request" that it state to do in step 7.  Nor did we get a request denied to be able to Appeal.  Any other suggestion?  I am hesitant to remove myself from a manager of the page because then we loose complete control.  Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have tried contacting the current owner and are not getting a response.