4.9K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Bad Google programming.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google is running a new experimental software to add menus, orders and scheduling to its search.  The problem is they are NOT connecting to the 3rd parties correctly.

EG: 3 doctors in an office.  Each an independent business, that share the office address as a resource.  1 doctor decides to use GENBOOK or Vagaro for scheduling.  Now, all clients that search that address book to the 1st doctor, and the others aren't even aware.

Google's API should verify not just Address but business name.  and it should verify with authenticated credentials, not just raw address.  I have one client, a Salon.  She rents chairs inside her company to independent stylists.  One of these stylists used Vagaro.  On my clients' search under google, the link showed up one day 'book an appointment'.  When clicked, it went to the stylist.  Basically, she cut 19 other stylists out of the picture inadvertently. 

When I spoke to the Vagaro people, I was actually told - 'use a different address'.   How stupid is that?  They don't even want to deal with the google people.  This is a legal issue - as it is soon to raise many problems.  It is so hard to 'speak' to google about anything, there aren't any actually people at google to speak to.  V ery frustrated and mad at them at this moment.  they blame '3rd party developers' when THEY created the mess.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Bad Google programming.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @olivia n

Business owners can now specify their order or reservation URL direct in dashboard.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership