AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Another business is claiming my address- How do I remove?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business address (Hopkins Tire & Auto Repair- 1045 S Lapeer Rd, Oxford, MI) is being claimed by another business (Trans Inc.). This business is not operating at my address and never has in the past. How do I report and have it removed? I would hate to confuse my customers. Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bryana H
January

Re: Another business is claiming my address- How do I remove?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Bryana H

Good news:

Google came back to me with the info the listing "Trans Shop"  was kind of glitch on their backend and have been fixed already

They ask you to keep an eye on it for couple of weeks to finally disappear at your address  (its already disappeared for me and for the Googler as I contacted regarding your issue.

Lemme know if you still have question about this.

@John A

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi  @Bryana H

Presuming  you talking about this listing

Would you please mind providing few photos  of the addressso we have a good proof the "The Trans Shop Inc."  doesn't exist at your address?

Once I have such an obvious proof I will ask google to take it down.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

Thank you for your help!

I uploaded a number of photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zlvopgc39n47mhn/AAD4VY18s7m1mg8P_fdeH0-ea?dl=0

It is a single tenant building and is clearly only occupied by my business. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Bryana H

Have escalated it

This link is FMI and reference only

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut,

I found this post and i was wandering if you could help me, my wife and I have opened a daycare and preschool in A former Church, we need to get the address changed to our Business name. the address is 112 Byerly Dr Jeannette PA 15644.

Please let me know if you can help

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bryana H
January

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Bryana H

Good news:

Google came back to me with the info the listing "Trans Shop"  was kind of glitch on their backend and have been fixed already

They ask you to keep an eye on it for couple of weeks to finally disappear at your address  (its already disappeared for me and for the Googler as I contacted regarding your issue.

Lemme know if you still have question about this.

@John A

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thank you for your help! It is no longer showing up for me either. Greatly appreciate your time :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, another business is claiming my address at 2010 E State Hwy 114 Southlake Tx 76092.  The old business moved out and Katie Parr Music Academy is my business which is occupying the space. How do I get the old business off my address and have my business show at this address?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

First of all @Katie P

your business is shown at thd mentioned address:

Screenshot 2018-01-13 at 22.01.57.png

Means also the other one isn't "occupying your address"

But I agree you should report it as "permanently closed"at the mentioned addres.

YOU definetively can'tremove it.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have the same problem. I have 2 business listings which are at the address; Braće Buchoffer 16 - 18. (Dive City & Apartments Domijan), but another business "Culo"-Culo-A2-4-Ullitravel˝ has placed their marker on my address; https://goo.gl/maps/fxkoBP7BTb82

Every tourist season we have a large number of guests coming to pester us about this other business which is actually located +/-100 m up the road. I have sent countless ˝Suggest an edit˝ requests to google maps but no change!

Please can someone advise me, or can google maps do something about this!

@Helmut Geissler Could you please help me also?...