2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Another business has claimed my addresss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Another business keeps claiming their address as my business/home address? So I searched their name online and found their address on Home Advisor.. I went ahead and entered their information into Google my business and changed it to reflect their address and not mine. This has happened 3 times in since last summer of 2016 I seem to get notified that Ark-La-Tex has claimed my home and business address as their "Google my business" How can this be happening? My business has been verified thru Google my business with a post card mailed out to me with a code- My business is Progressive Foundation Solutions in Fort Worth, TX this other business that keeps claiming my address lives and works in the state of Louisianna and does not service this area. Doesnt Google check out these things? I have no affiliations with that business even tho we provide the same services. My ratings are very important to myself and my business. I just want it to reflect correctly and from my end I have tried to do so. Any answers will be helpful.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael R
May

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

It is still an issue then we'll need the name of the other company please before we can go any further.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Re: Another business has claimed my addresss

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I called the Owner of the company "Arklatex Foundation Solutions" and
explained to him to watch in his mailbox for a small post card that Google
will be mailed to him.

I told him that he needs to open it and enter in the 6 digit code so he can
claim his correct address to his business instead of my business/home
address.

I am not sure when or how long this will take as he could easily not find
the post card that Google should have mailed to him by now. I did give you
the company name if you or someone could please take care of this I would
greatly appreciate it!
Respectively*,*
Michael Reed

*www.ProgressiveFoundationSolutions.com
*Office/Fax: 817-386-9295*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having a similar problem with my client. They have bought a business and the previous owner refuses to relinquish control of both Google Business and Facebook accounts related to that business. In fact, my client was not able to create an account for the business because it was declared duplicate on Google maps. This is a shortfall in the verification process - if the verification code sent to the postal address of a 'duplicate' company is entered correctly, that business should become the predominant one. There seems no possibility for resolving this through the Google pages.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Dean

I see that Helmut is helping you on another thread so I won't comment further on this post.

@Michael R I've not been able to find any Arklatex companies with your Fort Worth address so hopefully they've either been suspended for incorrect addresses or have fixed the situation up based on your assistance to them. All the Louisiana Arklatex companies seem to be verified as well so here's hoping it's all worked out!

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank You! for looking into it for me! I believe that company must have followed through and verified their business to reflect the address correctly instead of mine.