AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Another Victim: Google Maps listing hijacked by Beyond Menu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Please help!

Google have a very faulty and unsecure listing transfer process. Beyond menu hijacked our listing fraudulently without our knowledge. Then they fraudulently changed the URL to a similar looking third party URL. Now they want to charge us commission for all the online order coming to us. I am not sure How google allowed it. Listing URL is https://goo.gl/maps/9fG7bi2rLq52

The user that made fraudulent change is pscott37381@gmail.com They are from a company called BeyondMenu / Kydia Inc. They kicked me out as owner and made me communication manager. I cannot update my website to our real website www. masalacraft.us

Several google users are suffering from this problem. See discussion here

http://www.reservationgenie.com/blog/17-many-restaurants-see-their-google-places-profile-hijacked

Please help !!!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alpesh T
August

Re: Another Victim: Google Maps listing hijacked by Beyond Menu

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Alpesh T - ownership has not been transferred to your account but the listing is now unverified. This means you will be able to proceed with the verification process to obtain ownership of the listing in your account. Let me know how it goes.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am exactly in the same situation, point by point, and it's making me physically sick. There has to be something that can be done to verify the rightful owner. It's the equivalent of identity theft and it's a serious crime.

With us it's even worse, because beyondmenu is actually luring customers to a fake website, making them order online for pick-up, and then stealing that money - since we never signed or agreed to any partnership, we don't even know what the customers ordered.

Beyondmenu.com has to be legally prosecuted, and Google should allow the real owners to be verified again if a scammer has taken over.

I'll keep fighting. But like you already pointed out, we're definitely not alone in this and we should create a group to push changes.

Gabriel

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Alpesh T - I will escalate this to see if we can get it resolved. Your account had been an owner of the listing but BeyondMenu was an owner of the listing too and changed your role to communications manager, correct?

Do you have ownership of the MainPlace location listing? And if so, is it in the same account or different one?

@Gabriel F I will take a look at yours as well and will respond on your other post.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, I was owner of the account listing. I am not sure exactly how BeyondMenu user (pscott37381@gmail.com) became owner of the account. I suspect they verified the listing in their name by phone by fooling one of our employees at the restaurant.

We have other two location including MainPlace. I currently own both of those locations listings. They only hijacked one location and change website from our actual website masalacraft.us

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Is your Google account associated with a @masalacraft.us domain email address?
If not, can you add it as an alternate email address by following the steps here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/70206

This can help prove that your account should have ownership, and also help get BeyondMenu's ownership removed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just added the alternate email. Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Thank you Alpesh. I have escalated your issue and will let you know when I get an update on it.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alpesh T
August

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Alpesh T - ownership has not been transferred to your account but the listing is now unverified. This means you will be able to proceed with the verification process to obtain ownership of the listing in your account. Let me know how it goes.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it worked! Thank you very much for getting me out of this nightmare!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

That is great to hear Alpesh... you're welcome!