AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Another Restaurant "Hijacked"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you to all taking time to help us

1) Casa Verde

2) 3471 Richmond Road, Staten Island, NY 10306

3) 718-980-1049

4) https://www.google.com/maps/place/Casa+Verde+Restaurant/@40.573198,-74.136564,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x...

5) Official Website: CasaVerdeSi.com    Website on Google: CasaVerdeRestaurantMenu.com

screencapture-google-search-2018-06-03-08_26_02.png

Another Restaurant "Hijacked"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This happened to my restaurant too (in Colorado)! Someone on Google My Busuiness named Alexus Onyetwenye (alexuson88@gmail.com) created a duplicate business page without our knowledge or permission, changed all of the order online URLs, in order to steal credit card information from our unsuspecting customers. Google My Business support has done absolutely nothing to help us---the hijacking happened initially on 5/30/18, and they are telling us we will not regain control of our Google Business page until 6/7/18. The craziest part is our friend in Chicago had his business duplicated as well by the same exact email address and 'she' (guess it's a fake name/email address) is trying to do the same thing to him!  I filed reports with the FBI, FTC, BBB, and Grubhub is sending Cease & Desist papers to the company Simple Menu (which is the name they were operating under). Everyone beware and if you login to see that there has been a duplicate created of your business, deny the claim or re-claim your business ASAP!