Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

An unrelated business has claimed my website

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Please help

A business completely unrelated to mine has placed my website and facebook page in their Google business listings. I am www.antiquesavenue.co.uk

The business which has my website listed on their business listing is  Avenue Antiques of Chipstead. I have tried contacting them by phone but there is no answer. 

I have suggested edits to the page. Is there another way of raising this with Google as I believe it is identity theft. They are trying to use my reputation.

Thanks for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: An unrelated business has claimed my website

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It wasn't they that did this but rather it is an error by Google. This particular listing is not yet claimed by the business and Google made their best guess as to the data that should be in the listing.  

You can report the error to Google by going to the listing in search and providing feedback by clicking on the feedback link below the panel:

Avenue Antiques of Chipstead.   Google Search.png

You will see this which allows you to change the details of any given attribute:

Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 8.13.37 AM.png

If you have the correct information for that business be sure to put it into the feedback. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mike, I have already done that. I hope they remove it soon as I would hate my customers to make that trip and be disappointed.  Do you know about  how long they will take to sort this out?

Your help is appreciated

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anne H
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Usually less than two weeks. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭