2K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Ad-Extra.com Ltd

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Not sure where to post feedback so I apologise if this is the wrong place.

1) GMB user notifications: The primary owner is the only one that gets any emails about changes/reviews. Lets be honest a lot of people that own a business don't actually manage the business as such you need to add a co-owner/manager, however there is no way to allow this level of user to get the notifications. Be honest why would the primary owner want to release primary ownership to a manager?

2) Adding a user, the system sends an email advising the person you invited of there invite. If they don't get this they have to call GMB to get it sorted, Why! Google AdWords and Google Analytics both allow the invite to login to both accounts once invited no need to click an email or call support. Come on Google get your ducks in a row.

3) The support line is very inflexible, they are simply reading the procedure. Oddly I've called a few times now, where I've managed to get my query sorted they have passed me through to the survey and its completed. However every time my query has not been sorted they pass me to the survey and the call goes dead. This really is not great, but it is happening every time. 

As I say this is just feedback, and please let me know if I should be posting this elsewhere. 

Many thanks

Dominic

2 Expert replyverified_user

Ad-Extra.com Ltd

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The primary owner can grant "Ownership" level access to a manager. 

Regarding support reaching out to @googlemybiz on Twitter is a great way to GMB support. 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Ad-Extra.com Ltd

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ben, yes they can. However the primary owner is the only one that gets a notification when a Google review is left, no other level of access gets this notification. The only way around this is to become the primary owner, which is not a good idea since they are purely a manger not the owner.

Ad-Extra.com Ltd

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

It sounds like you are wanting to be added as a manager. The owner of the listing can add you as a manager of the account by adding your email address and then you will get the email invite. All you have to do is accept access and then you can make your edits and monitor the account. I am not aware nor have I seen update emails from GMB and we have 400 listings. I do keep refreshing GMB to verify there are no pending updates.  

Ad-Extra.com Ltd

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Jason, on the GMB accounts we are primary owners of we get and email from GMB when ever someone leave a Google review. However the problem is that there is no way for an owner, manager etc to receive these emails, only the primary owner will get them. Many thanks Dom