AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

Account Status Stuck as Access Needed

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I was invited to be a manager of my page Gordon Chevrolet, to which I accepted. (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gordon+Chevrolet/@40.0343096,-75.0699008,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0...). The address is 6301 E Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19149. The phone number listed is (215) 537-2377.

I accepted the invite as manager, but because I had previously put in a request to have ownership transferred to me, my status is stuck as "access needed" and I get the following message:

"Owner conflict
This location is a duplicate of a location you don't own or manage on Google (View on maps). Remove your location or request to become the owner or manager of the existing location. Learn more"

with the buttons "Delete this Listing" and "Request Access"

I am fine with having manager access, as I talked to the current owner of the account on the phone just yesterday. I just need access to the account so I am able to respond to reviews. Please advise. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelly S
September

Re: Account Status Stuck as Access Needed

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Kelly S

The owner of the listing has a duplicate in their account and that's the one they invited you to manage.

You requested ownership of the correct one (since it's the published one).

The listing owner either needs to add you as a manger by responding to your ownership request and choosing to add you as a manager that way... or they can invite you to be a manager of the correct, published listing.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, @Helmut Geissler are you able to assist with my issue above?

1. Gordon Chevrolet
2. 6301 E. Roosevelt Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19149
3. 215-537-2377
4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gordon+Chevrolet/@40.0343096,-75.0699008,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0...
5. www.chevyontheblvd.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@TomW

@Marissa_GMB

@Allyson_GMB

Can anyone help on this issue?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Kelly S - Sounds like the ownership request may have been still pending when they added you as a manager. Perhaps that caused the issue. I would try removing the listing from your account, then ask the owner of the listing add you as a manager of it again. Can you try that and see if that takes care of the issue or not?

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @TomW

I remove myself as manager and I requested the owner to add me as manager again. I just accepted as manager and I am having the same exact issue again.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Okay, thanks for giving that a try @Kelly S. I'll escalate it and let you know what I hear back.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @TomW

I have an update. Now the account says "not published" and says "verify now". But when I go through the steps it says the same message about how I requested ownership on August 2nd. I've attached a screen shot here: Screenshots

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kelly S
September

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Kelly S

The owner of the listing has a duplicate in their account and that's the one they invited you to manage.

You requested ownership of the correct one (since it's the published one).

The listing owner either needs to add you as a manger by responding to your ownership request and choosing to add you as a manager that way... or they can invite you to be a manager of the correct, published listing.