My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

About a certain phone number sometimes published in the Forum to contact business support

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi @Marissa_GMB

Its not the first time i see a certain US phone number publishe by users as in here:  Current owner won't respond to ownership request.

The recommended number is 844-491-9665 and I believe its just an Adwords contact number.

What would be your recommendation:

should we either  just ignore post like in here:  Current owner won't respond to ownership request by Byron G 

or should we chime in making clear this isn't an applicable phone number for GMB users.

Please clarify

Thanks

PS:  I first time was able to tag you as @Marissa_GMB in a normal thread started by me

Re: About a certain phone number sometimes published in the Forum to contact business support

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Helmut Geissler

Technically it is quite correct, because when you call the number, it offers you three choices on who you want to speak to:

1) AdWords

2) Analytics

3) Google Business 

And anyone with an Analytics or Adwords account can find the number because its listed in the help section ( or their countries equivalent support tel number )

So i guess its not wrong, but maybe not the right place ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: About a certain phone number sometimes published in the Forum to contact business support

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Thanks Tim

wasn't aware this choice