AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

A competitor changed the contact information of my business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

12, kuto road, isabo, abeokuta, ogun state

www.ijmbe.org.ng

https://www.google.com/maps/place/IJMB/@7.2432317,3.2654529,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x103a4b92a5c...

I created the above business listing on the 12th of july with the hope of getting my postcard to get it verified which i haven't gotten till now. i realized that the contact information of the listing has been changed by a competitor who is trying to steal my listing. This listing with the address map above belong to me and was created by me. i have 3 customer reviews already before the contact information was tampered with. i do not want to change it back to avoid spamming so as not to get banned. however i don't know what to do about this. i need a very quick answer about how to get my business information corrected to the way it was and enhance it verification.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Learn M I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

it still remains an issue for me as i have been able to contact two of my customers to delete their reviews and it's left with one review, the information was changed from www.ijmbe.org.ng and 07037368149 to ijmbcouncil.com and a phone number that is not related to my business but this listing still has my business address.

to also make this very clear the main reason i created this new listing that was changed with map ID https://www.google.com/maps/place/IJMB/@7.2432317,3.2654529,7z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x103a4b92a5c...

was because i couldn't find my verified listing on my google my business page but once i use the map i can locate it https://www.google.com.ng/maps/place/IJMB/@8.481591,4.543591,7z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sIJMB+kuto!3m4!1s...

i can't make amendment or edits to the old one because it cannot be found when i login to my google business account and the new one was tampered with by a competitor trying to steal my business away from me. I hope you help me look into this and give me a reply as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am still hoping to get a reply to this, what do i do to correct this. someone should please read and come to my help. i need this corrected as soon as i can, i am loosing majority of my customers with this. Google, look into this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

this is still an issue and i'm still yet to hear from anyone, it's a little annoying because i'm loosing customers because of this.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Learn M

Tell you what is annoyingly here:

Its the incrediable number of posts about always the same and starting several threads.

@PriyaC

He started an other thread

Re: COMPLICATING ISSUE WITH MY BUSINESS VERIFICATION

and he got an answer from me over there.

I therefore will block this thread here for any new replies.