Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border

A business is using my address on their Google+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, 

A business that used to live at my address is still using my address on their Google+ page (https://plus.google.com/111808475117992015792/about). I have asked them to change it but they've not done that and they have moved over a year ago.  
I'd like to use this address myself on my own Google+ page but cannot as it is still associated with their business. What can I do?

Thank you.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: A business is using my address on their Google+ page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cindy T

The link you provided goes to a brand page, that doesn't show an exact address.

Having said that, if you search for the business (that used to be at your address) on Google Maps, you can 'suggest an edit' and then mark them as permanently closed - because they've moved.

You can then create a Google+ page for your business (business.google.com) and request the postcard to verify the business.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Cindy T:

Sorry Cindy

but the mentioned page https://plus.google.com/111808475117992015792/about is a brand page and doesn;t show any address at all.

Screenshot 2015-12-13 at 12.16.17.png

BTW what's your own business and its address?

You missed providing any helpful information about yours

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your response. I see what you're saying. Here's more...On my Google+ page (https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114481235466643062991/114481235466643062991/posts?_ga=1.2882994.325321... I cannot change my address from my former address to my current (281 A Evergreen Drive, Port Moody BC). (I keep it concealed on that particular page as it's not a location where people can come in person and I do have another Google+ page with a different address.) I'm assuming I cannot change my Port Moody Google+ address to my current address as another Google+ page is using my address. When I Google my address, the other business comes up with that Google+ listing and address although when you click on it you cannot see the Port Moody address (as you said). I know for certain that business did use to live/work out of my address but they moved about a year ago.
I looked a bit more and their other business, Natural Light Photography, also has a Google+ page with the same address on it (https://plus.google.com/117747375367833648050/about).
Again, I'm assuming I cannot update my Google+ page to this address because one or more of those is listed at my page.
I look forward to your response.
Thank you, Cindy

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Your edit of two days ago to close this location has gone into the queue that requires Google moderation (as opposed to a queue where trusted volunteer reviewers could approve it for you).

This will be due to the claimed status.  Claimed listing reviews are done by a Google My Business team that is extremely backed up.  Once this reaches the two week mark I can escalate it for a different team to handle it; please post back here at that time if it remains open and I will do that escalation.

With regards to your issue, however, it is likely unrelated.  The problem is likely the "A" in your address.  It needs to be right up against the 281, so in other words 281A  Even then it will not work unless it is pre-marked in the map; the closest it will go is 281 and that right now is coming up with two possibilities that are both just guesses as it too has no precise marker.  Can you give me the exact GPS coordinates of your unit and I'll set up an address marker for you.  To get the GPS coordinates simple click exactly on your front door in the desktop version of Google Maps it it will appear in a window near the bottom.

I just want to be sure; you do know that you will need to set a service area and then state that people do not come to your location, even if they do occasionally.  Stating they come to your location requires a staffed storefront, and I'm fairly certain that is not permitted in such a complex.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A business has just been set up using my home address and is appearing in search's and on your maps

I would like this removed as the previous owner has not lived here for over a year and this is a new business

http://www.cylex-uk.co.uk/reviews/viewcompanywebsite.aspx?firmaName=abacus+mileage+correction&compan...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Matt B

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

And please provide Google links - cyclex- links are of no worth in this GMB help forum.

I also will close the very old and outdated thread - blocking it for new replies now