My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Has someone else verified your business? Learn how to recover ownership
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

28 days to gain ownership of listing original owner has lost access to?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Posting this on two boards as not sure which one is more relevant... it's an ownership conflict as much as a verification issue:

I work for an agency and we are trying to verify one of our client's multiple listings - around 70, spread all over the country. All of these listings are verified but our client has lost all access and therefore would like us to claim ownership and manage the listings for them.

We requested access to all the listings and then waited 7 days for the owner to respond, the usual process.However the owner (our client) is obviously unable to respond since they lost their access. After 7 days we were allowed to claim the listings, however are unable to get verified in order to get ownership: the listing's details are outdated and getting a verification code via phone is not possible (wrong numbers), same for the postcard with addresses that are missing details. We're unable to update these details since we're not verified, and unable to get verified since the details are wrong.

We contacted GMB assistance, who told us after a lot of back and forth that we will have to wait 28 full days while Google contacts the current owner twice by email - only after this full period, if the current owner doesn't respond, will we get ownership of all the listings. The owner being our client and having told us they have lost email access long ago, we informed our GMB support contact and even offered to put him directly in touch with our client, since the process will amount to nothing, and we've already gone through contacting all the listings. We keep getting the same template email as a response, sometimes mentioning a 14 days wait, sometimes 28, and when we attempted to contact GMB support on the phone, we were told that they couldn't help because our issue is already assigned to someone.

However given the vagueness of information we got from our GMB support contact, I have the feeling that the issue is not going to be solved at all after 28 days... Is this process (contacting the owner twice, even after it's been done by us and proven with multiple screenshots and emails) the only way? Is there anyway we can escalate the problem? Our client is going through major changes and they really need their listings updated as soon as possible. We feel pretty helpless after being in contact with Google for weeks and not getting much further than we were when we started. Any advice appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Scot M let me check with Google on this for you. I had a similar issue dealing with GMB support recently and it turned out that they were making some mistakes along the process. 

Do you have a case ID?

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan,

Thanks! Yes, our case ID is 3-4683000022190

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks @Scot M I'll run it by Google. 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky