1.4K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Demo Account: Feature Requests

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

The Demo Account includes data from the Google Merchandise Store, an active Ecommerce site that sells Google branded merchandise (get access here). The ongoing Google Analytics implementation includes all the major features you would typically implement, like AdWords linking, Goals and Enhanced Ecommerce. The result is a fully functional account, with real business data. We plan to continually maintain the demo account ensuring the demo account allows you to interact with the all features Google Analytics has to offer.

Here is what we will be adding this year to populate / improve specific Google Analytics reports with real business data:

• AdWords Shopping campaigns
  • Enhanced Ecommerce: Coupon Codes
  • Enhanced Ecommerce: Product Categories
  • Removing the “not set” from the AdWords reports
  • “Logged In” custom dimension
  • “Shipping Method” custom dimension

Please share any feature requests or ideas to make the Demo Account more useful within this post.

Happy demoing!

Posted by Deepak Aujla

Program Manager, Google Analytics

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Analytics Demo Account: Feature Requests

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

That's an interesting account. Thanks, Deepak.

Ideas / thoughts:

• Some dev sites and spam referrals that maybe should be excluded: localhost / referral, plus.sandbox.google.com / referral, free-video-tool.com / referral etc.
  • It seems like there are lots of traffic from different email providers without the UTM parameters. Smiley Happy
  • Maybe there should be a scroll-tracking implemented as well.
  • Are the social shares being tracked? (http://prntscr.com/c19xr6) - couldn't find it in reports. 
  • It would be interesting to see the User ID view as well if possible. ("Logged In" custom dimension?)

Does Google have the GTM demo account as well?

Hope this helps. Thanks,

Taavi

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Awesome Account - Already see it - You guys could share reports analyzes and decisions made trow that analytics account - then results and achievments - this way we can relate or not with our business.

Thanks so much! I hope we have alot of data coming out!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! I want the goals to have goal values. I will use this account to show my clients the benefits of web analytics, and goal value should always be defined – it clarifies the importance of conversion rate optimization.
Ref. http://www.kaushik.net/avinash/google-analytics-setting-goals-and-goal-values/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Deepak!

I would hope for the feature to integrate the data by enabling the API for this.

Thank you!
Best,
Matthias

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
RE: Does Google have the GTM demo account as well? I would be very interested in this capability. Is a GTM account available?
Thanks,
Ken Bloom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Thanks for introducing this feature.

I hope this isn't a dumb question but just to be clear, the demo account tracks all pages from the URL:

https://shop.googlemerchandisestore.com/

Rather than what comes up on google when you search "google merchandise store":

https://www.googlemerchandisestore.com/

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Agreed—even a simulated environment with generated data would be handy for testing API calls.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree. Having access to the data through the APIs would help me show clients examples of where they can take their data by improving Google Analytics using the tools they already rely on like Tableau.

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star
Hi Deepak,

Would love to see AdSense added to the site and integrated here.

Thanks,

Theo Bennett
Analytics Evangelist at MoreVisibility | Contact Me
Connect on LinkedIn
Experts in the Topic
Theo Bennett
Deepak Aujla