1.4K members online now
Announcements and important information from your Community Managers
Guide Me
star_border

Google Analytics Demo Account: FAQs

Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Please use this post to let us know if you need any help with the demo account. We have answered FAQs below.

Q: What is the demo account?

A: The Google Analytics demo account is a fully functional Google Analytics account that any Google user can access (get access here). It's a great way to look at real business data and experiment with Google Analytics features.

Q: I do not have a Google Analytics account, can I still access this?

A: Yes. You only need to be able to log into a Google account, if you do not have one you can create one by going here. When you have an account proceed to the Demo Account help article where you can opt in to allow Google to automatically create a Google Analytics account for you and give you access to the demo account.

Q: Do I need to access the Demo Account via the Demo Account help article every time?

A: After going through the Access Demo Account link in the help article you can then access the Demo Account from the Home tab in Google Analytics just like you would access any other Google Analytics account.

Q: What level of access do I have?

A: You have Read & Analyze access that allows to interact with all reports and create personal assets e.g. segments, custom reports, dashboards, etc.

Q: Can I access data from the demo account via the GA API?

A: Data within the demo account can only be accessed via the GA interface.

Q: The data in the account seems to change from the month of July 2016, why is this?

A: In early July 2016 a new website for the Merchandise Store was introduced which introduced a new site structure and products. We also made some implementation changes. We recommend looking at data from August 3rd 2016 onwards or before July 1st 2016.

Q: Certain features / reports e.g. Shopping Campaigns are not showing data, will these be added?

A: The demo account is being actively worked on to ensure all features will be available to you soon. As we add new types of data we will inform the Google Analytics Community. You can use the Feature Requests post to make feature requests or ask questions about the the demo account.  

Q: If I access the demo account can I remove it later?

A: To remove your access to the demo account, follow the steps below. You can always get access to the demo account again.

1. Sign in to Google Analytics.
  2. Select the Admin tab.
  3. In the ACCOUNT drop down menu, select Google Analytics Demo Account.
  4. In the ACCOUNT column, select User Management.
  5. Select Remove myself from this account.

Q: I am a Google Analytics Certified Partner how do I get access?

A: You can access it just like any user (via the help article) but please see the demo account page on the Partner Connect for details on how to provide feedback.

Q: Can vendors / agencies / my friends get access?

A: Access is available to anyone with a Google account.

Q: Will this give me access to Analytics 360 features?

A: The demo account is for the Standard version of Google Analytics and therefore does not contain any Analytics 360 related features.

Q: I am a Google Analytics Premium / 360 user how do I get access to the demo account?

A: You can access the account from this help article. Please note this is a demo account for Google Analytics Standard and therefore does not include any Premium / 360 related features.

Please let me know if you have any questions within this post.

Happy demoing!

Posted by Deepak Aujla

Program Manager, Google Analytics

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Analytics Demo Account: FAQs

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently developing a digital analytics course for a university class. If I wanted to use this demo account, is there someone I can speak with on the best practices on leveraging this resource? 

Experts in the Topic
Deepak Aujla