Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

What to do if you're not seeing Posts in your account

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all of the excitement around this launch - we’re equally excited and definitely want to get you posting! If you’re not seeing the Posts section on your business page, it might be because we haven’t launched to all business categories. “Hotels” is the category where local posts are not available (yet).

If you’re not in this category and still don’t have local posts, fill out this form and we’ll do our best to help!

Thanks so much!
The GMB Team

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
4 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks - do we have a timeline on when hotels will be added? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot!

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Curiously it was through a group of Vacation Rental owners who were in the first rollout of the feature who informed me of it's existence. I have both apartment and VR business. My apartment business received the option (which I do not need or even want for that business) but not for the VR business- which I would definitely put to immediate and effective marketing use. It has been suggested that my VR Business would fall under the hotel/lodging category of slowed roll out (despite others in VR business getting the feature in Caribbean, Europe and USA).

After submitting a support request to Google. I received a call from the Google Guy - who appeared to be unfamiliar with the feature. I had to send him a screenshot of what I was talking about.

After checking on this his report to me was that it is being "tested" and that after tests are complete then it will be distributed world wide.  

So is this still in beta? What's up?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, Thanks for the information.

Re: What to do if you're not seeing Posts in your account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Donna C M

This has rolled out.

However I would guess that vacation would fall under lodging ( hotels, B&B etc ) and not eligible at the moment.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Well, yeah... I knew that..sadly it was the Google Guy in Support who had no idea. Seems the office memo hadn't reached his desk yet.

And yet...there are many in the Vacation Rental business who DO have access to it...and as mentioned across the globe.
So I wait.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

Hi all,

Thanks again for all of your interest in Posts. We're actively working to make sure it's available for all the enabled categories.

Again, if your missing posts, feel free to fill out this short form and we will do our best to help.

https://goo.gl/forms/Zl5OM4tl5ZK5yOdM2

Thanks again!

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you say "not seeing Posts section on your business page" can you clarify exactly where you are meaning.  Are you talking about business page ie my ad on google or are you talking about Google Plus or somewhere else? I cannot see my post but I may not be looking in the right place.  I cant see anything on Google Plus either.  I expected the post to show on google because of the wording you used.  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there any reason why I did see the option for 'Posts' on Friday - I even tested it out! But today I can't see the option available for any of my 27 locations?

Confused.