Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Welcome new Rising Stars!

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi Google My Business Community,

We are excited to announce that we are growing our experts family. Read more about them below, and please help me to welcome our newest Rising Stars!

@Ben F

A Google Plus/Google My Business marketing maven, experienced veteran in SEO and social since 1994. Co-founder of Steady Demand which works with agencies and businesses to find engagement and develop content for Social Media. Ben has a passion working with businesses, helping them solve the most complex of issues in Internet Marketing and Local Social/SEO. Ben is a featured author at the Local Search Forum, Co-Owner of Local Search Dynamics G+ Community and is always available to help.

@Grace

I started my website in 2010 and garnered 1.3 million users in the first year. In my first year online I visited the Webmaster forum countless times for assistance and in 2012 I finally was able to pay it forward. I became well-versed in authorship and started assisting users. I became quite interested in structured data and I've spent the last couple of years learning as much as I can about markups and semantic search. I've analyzed the SD markups of hundreds of websites and helped users to ensure that their markups were technically correct and compliant with Google's guidelines. I've been a TC in the Webmaster forum since July 2015. Assisting in the Webmaster forum prompted me to become more familiar with Google products. Many users I assist with SD markups have local businesses, which led me to become more familiar with Google My Business.

@james w

James has been involved in online marketing consulting and web design for over 8 years, and has slowly become more and more focused on local SEO for small businesses. Now he specializes in local SEO for photographers at jameswattmarketing.com.

James originally went to school for programming and physics, and has an interest in data driven research and finding new patterns in Google. Volunteering on the Google My Business forum provides a way to give back to the community, and allows him to see patterns as they're emerging.

You'll also find James on the Local Search Forum, where he is a Top Contributor. You can connect with James on Google+ or Facebook.

I am a Digital Marketing Strategist for a digital marketing and web development company called Beacon. I have spent my whole career since 2007 helping small, medium and large businesses with National and local SEO, conversion optimization and paid search. I am Google Analytics Certified, AdWords Certified and serve as a Google Local Guide and Regional Moderator. I love helping business owners and all other users troubleshoot issues with Google MyBusiness, AdWords, Analytics and more. I am a new father of twin boys and love to travel (mostly find great restaurants everywhere I go) and write reviews about my experiences to help others. 

Thank you all for your contributions, and welcome!
13 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Re: Welcome new Rising Stars!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Thanks for the welcome @ElizabethP! Excited to be a part of the community. Congrats to my fellow new rising stars as well.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Thank you for the introduction @ElizabethP, I am honored to be included in the new Rising Star ranks. 

Regards,

Ben Fisher Google+ | Twitter | Steady Demand 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

welcome aboard @Grace @Ben F, & @james w

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Thank you @Helmut Geissler - happy to be here!

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Congratulations!  Welcome to the Show!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Welcome, welcome new super stars. Glad to have you on the team!

I work pretty closely with James and Ben already at my Local Search forum/communities, but I look forward to getting to know Grace & Jordan.

Congrats on your newfound stardom. :-)

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Woot! Congratulations! Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Congrats everyone! Welcome to the club :)

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Welcome on board, shout if you need anything.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership
Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
Grace
JoyHawkins
williamrock
Linda Buquet
Colan
Helmut Geissler
Tim Capper
Keenan Glass