3.3K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Websites with Google My Business

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

One of the most common actions people take when exploring a Google listing is to go to the web site, but we know that getting a website can still be a challenge for a lot of small business owners around the world: too complex, too expensive, too time consuming. Millions of small businesses (60% of small businesses globally) don’t yet have a website.

Website is a free tool that allows small business owners to create a simple, striking website in just a few minutes. It’s easy, and you can create and edit your new website from your computer or your phone!

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.08.37 AM.png

Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
4 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This is exciting and sounds like a great solution to micro/mini/home based businesses that are just getting started. Where can I send my clients to get more info on this or where can I find this info so I can share with them?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I noticed this today and it caught my attention. I have a question, I currently have a site that ranks okay in Google places. Would this Google my business website rank any better than my current site or would it be the same as starting a new site from scratch requiring the Google website to need SEO and backlinks?  I appreciate your insight.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Why is Google going against web developers and hosting services? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Just tested it and I love it! This is perfect for 3rd world countries and local shops. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

unable to find such any option.

Re: Websites with Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings Marissa_GMB, this tool is really interesting but do not know where ever the Vietnamese version nhỉ ??

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That is an awesome offering for those who aren't ready to jump in with a website / seo budget! I agree, every business should have a website! 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Alejandro Ct

they are very likely doing it because of two intentions

1# its a feature intended to help the majority of 60% of small business owner not yet having a website and not having the money to hire a skilled website designer.

2# very likely no normal  webdesigner would be able to create a website being synchronized with the content of the GoogleMyBusiness listing - as I consider it being the most important feature of the new "business website builder"   

Mike Blumenthal
Helmut Geissler
Marissa_GMB