AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Websites with Google My Business

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

One of the most common actions people take when exploring a Google listing is to go to the web site, but we know that getting a website can still be a challenge for a lot of small business owners around the world: too complex, too expensive, too time consuming. Millions of small businesses (60% of small businesses globally) don’t yet have a website.

Website is a free tool that allows small business owners to create a simple, striking website in just a few minutes. It’s easy, and you can create and edit your new website from your computer or your phone!

Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.08.37 AM.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
5 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

This is exciting and sounds like a great solution to micro/mini/home based businesses that are just getting started. Where can I send my clients to get more info on this or where can I find this info so I can share with them?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I noticed this today and it caught my attention. I have a question, I currently have a site that ranks okay in Google places. Would this Google my business website rank any better than my current site or would it be the same as starting a new site from scratch requiring the Google website to need SEO and backlinks?  I appreciate your insight.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Why is Google going against web developers and hosting services? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Just tested it and I love it! This is perfect for 3rd world countries and local shops. 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

unable to find such any option.

Re: Websites with Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Greetings Marissa_GMB, this tool is really interesting but do not know where ever the Vietnamese version nhỉ ??

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That is an awesome offering for those who aren't ready to jump in with a website / seo budget! I agree, every business should have a website! 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Alejandro Ct

they are very likely doing it because of two intentions

1# its a feature intended to help the majority of 60% of small business owner not yet having a website and not having the money to hire a skilled website designer.

2# very likely no normal  webdesigner would be able to create a website being synchronized with the content of the GoogleMyBusiness listing - as I consider it being the most important feature of the new "business website builder"