1.3K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Update to Google My Business Navigation

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Google My Business is getting a makeover! We’ve updated our navigation to make it easier to access the primary features, and more straightforward to access multiple locations if you use Google My Business Locations.

You’ll see tabs for editing, photos, insights, and reviews. These tabs provide quick access to the most common user actions.

Merchants with multiple locations or Google+ brand pages will see an updated management experience with two tabs: one for “Locations” and another for Google+ “Brand Pages” where you can view your listings or pages in either a card and a list format. “Contact support” options are also now more prominent so you can find the answers to your questions faster.

Learn more about this announcement in our news and updates article here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
5 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Update to Google My Business Navigation

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Thanks for sharing this information!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is no option to leave reviews within the new look. Worse, is that when clicking on the location on my G+ Storefront Page, it takes me to Google Maps but with no link for leaving a review. However, if I search within Google Maps organically, the review link appears. To explain this change to established customers is proving to be virtually impossible. Why have the reviews been removed from the G+ pages? This was a valuable feature for online SEO and local business trust. Can we get a review tab or link on our G+ Storefront pages?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Kim W

I highly recommend leaving feedback on these changes, and your preference to have reviews return to Google+ pages, via the feedback link in Google+ (right at the bottom of the left hand side menu in desktop or in the hamburger menu of the app).

In the meantime, you can generate review links (for bricks and mortar businesses) via this tool: https://www.grade.us/home/labs/google-review-link-generator

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@PriyaC

this page http://pleper.com/index.php?do=tools&sdo=google_review_link allowes creating such links for SABs also

just created via pleper's page https://goo.gl/nlUVzG as you can see below:

Screenshot 2015-11-25 at 15.12.08.png

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Thanks for that additional information @Helmut Geissler - the PlePer site was down when I originally answered this question (which is why I used the GradeUs link) but it looks to be up again now, and yes it is currently the only way to get a review link for Service Area Businesses.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@PriyaC

you are (as always) welcome 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Our navigation marker is incorrect. our location marker is though. Making customers walk 10min to get to us. Next Steps Please!

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hello Mark,
Please, start your own post providing the business name and full address to see what the issue is with directions.
There might be a few reasons for that behavior and I would like to see the problem before providing an approach to get it fixed.
Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for these suggestions @PriyaC! I have sent in feedback and tested the grade.us google review link generator. This is a workable solution for now.