4.8K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Set Special Hours Today!

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Did you know that you can set special hours for your business for holidays and other occasions? With the 4th of July weekend nearly in the US and many other summer holidays coming up around the world, we recommend double checking your hours to make sure that your information is up to date. Read more about how to set your special hours here.

Once updated, your special hours will show up like this: 

image.png

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Set Special Hours Today!

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Let us know if you have any questions about this feature!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Elizabeth we have auer new buissnes as the facegymnastique online course in the net and auer costumers will register pay and get the course a live time. now how we marketat ist a online course and its to use everyvere and
on all mobile or home IT equipment .
lot of thanks for Your Advise
best markus

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Markus,

Thanks for writing. In the future, please go ahead and start a new thread for your issue.

In this instance, I would recommend a brand page for your business model, as it does not sound eligible to be listed on Google My Business.

Thanks,
Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Elizabeth,

I own a bar, and open at 6pm every day. The closing times, however are open ended, depending on how many customers there are. Now opening hours are obviously important to keep up, but I used to enter 5am closing for every day, which was basically the latest we would stay open. Then people complained when there were 2 of them left at 2am on a Wednesday that we're obliged to stay open because that's what we advertised.

I've now changed the times to 1am during the week and 2am on weekends, which is the earliest we will close, but that's also not acceptable, because if a big group of people check Google for our opening times at midnight and decide not to come on the basis that we'll be shut in an hour, then that's not what we want either.

So the question is: Is it possible to somehow only include an opening time? And if not, then could you include a closing time of open ended? Or allow us to keep it blank?

Thanks,
Harry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can I get Google to lock the suggested edits feature? Someone changed our hours when you Google the business and it is impacting our customers

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Harit,

Unfortunately from what I've noticed google does not allow open ended closing/opening times. A google top contributor might have a solution, but from my experience creating pages, I've also been frustrated that I cannot add an open ended time for certain clients.

Billy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Billy. Surely with so many different types of businesses around, we are not alone in wanting to do this.

And it surely can't be difficult to add "open ended" as an option in the closing times field or to at least make it optional to enter a closing time at all.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi Harit

Billy is correct - there is no way to set variable closing times, or leave it blank at this time. If you'd like to suggest this as a feature then I recommend using the dedicated feedback capability within GMB:
Web
In Google My Business on the web, click the Menu Menu > Feedback.

Android
In the Google My Business Android app, touch the Menu Menu > Help & feedback.

iOS
In the Google My Business iOS app, touch the Menu Menu > Help & feedback.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have updated my business' special hours and it shows up correctly on results in Google Maps. However, when I query for my business using the Places API, only the normal hours are shown. I realize that only the next 7 days are returned via this API, but the special hours I created were for the 21st which is only 3 days away.

Does this just take some time to propagate the changes? Is there a way to get access to the special hours in the Places API results?