Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

New photo notifications!

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Photos are an important piece of the user experience and help represent your business on Google Search and Maps. Business owners often want to be notified when customers add photos to their listing, so we're launching a new notification for photos. We’ve also refreshed the notification email style, so keep an eye out for the new format!

Best,

Marissa & the GMB Team

Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
3 Expert replyverified_user

New photo notifications!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A wonderful update. 🎩😁🎩

New photo notifications!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good news @Marissa_GMB

Notifications will come when users upload each photo or with a certain frequency?

Re: New photo notifications!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Wow, now that is some #ROCKSTAR News :) Thx for the Update @Marissa_GMB this has been on my wishlist for a very long time, in fact even more since I had been participating in the Google Local Guides Program ... 

This is going to be super helpful for business owners, being able to know when someone uploads a photo

?? Quick Question, will there also be a feature for the owner to flag or remove photos they don't wish you have on their map listing. Such as a Delete Button or Hide Thx

New photo notifications!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome to receive this notification, @Marissa_GMB! Quick Question: Will we see the name of the person who added the photo? It would be nice to have a way to thank them.

New photo notifications!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much for valuable information.

New photo notifications!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks. Nice update.

New photo notifications!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Big shout out to @Marissa_GMB and the GMB Team!
Is there a way you can share with us the procedure we need to follow in order to activate this new notification feature? 
Thank you

New photo notifications!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good Afternoon

How do I set up Google Proximity Notifications for my business? 

I currently have every business location listed on Google Maps as well as a Google My Business Listing for each business - which are verified. But I have noticed that in using an android phone that I keep getting notifications for other local businesses, How is it possible for me to set these notifications up for my businesses?

I have attached a few screenshots as examples:

Are these the photo notifications that you mention above?

Thank you.

Re: New photo notifications!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Google Team,

We are Google Trusted photographers and have been hired by several of our clients to shoot panoramic “inside street view” photospheres to be posted to their respective Google My Business sites. We shoot with only the highest quality professional rigs and spend a great deal of time in post production insuring the highest quality stitching and adherence to all Google policies.

We’re only recently discovering that Google is changing up this program and that the photospheres we shoot for our clients may not be the primary photosphere for the business that has hired us… and that there is no special window on the Google My Business listing to jump directly in to an “inside view” of the business. Further, we’re also discovering that anybody, Google Trusted or not, can post photospheres on our client’s Google My Business page… and that those photospheres may rank higher than the one the client paid for to have shot!

This is intensely disappointing if true, and extremely frustrating for our clients for a whole host of reasons.

Is there any workaround for this? There must be and I’m just not finding it. For example, there is currently a photosphere for one of our clients that was shot a while ago by some random guy. The client does not want that photosphere on their Google My Business page as its dated and no longer relevant due to some ownership changes to the restaurant. Also, many of the photos have the old name of the restaurant as part of the shot. Our client has given us full access to manage their Google My Business site, remove certain photos, and upload the photosphere we have shot for them, We’ve been in there trying to fix things. But it appears that you are not granting the owner of the business to really have any impact on the imagery and photospheres associated with their business.  Can this be true!? I’m praying its not because if it is its an absolutely horrible policy and does not serve the interests of our clients at all. We must be able to have some degree of control over the media associated with the business, similar to Facebook, right?

Hopefully there is something in the works that is going to address this issue. 

We really appreciate your time and thank you in advance for your response and appreciate any information that will assist us in assisting our clients. We are already very credentialed professional photographers… we’ve been shooting professionally for more than 30 years… and the whole point of becoming a Google Trusted Photographer was to be able to give our clients high quality imagery for their Google My Business site. If any person anywhere in the world can post a photosphere and some random photo on our clients Google My Business site, and that imagery has the potential, due to some random algorithm or something, to outrank the imagery that our client has hired us to shoot and post for them… then what is the point of becoming a Trusted Photographer… and why would any client hire a professional to shoot for them if they can’t be guaranteed that the best possible images will be posted?

Our goal is to shoot the most compelling, professional still and photosphere photographs for our valued clients, and to be able to post those shots and have the shots best represent the business. Is there anything we can do to ensure that our clients wishes regarding the best quality imagery is front and center on their Google My Business page listing?

Thanks for your time,

Todd Barbee & Bill Reitzel

Experts in the Topic
williamrock
JoyHawkins
Marissa_GMB