Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

New Community Feature- Live Feed

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

We are excited to announce a revamp of the ‘latest topic’ tab. Now, when you visit the tab called ‘Live Feed,’ you will see a new version that looks more like a feed:

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 12.00.41 PM.png

You can use this to reply, like/share and scroll down to see all new topics. Additionally, any new thread that is added will be shown on the top, and you can click to load it without a page refresh:

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 12.00.54 PM.png

The goal is to allow you to easily see all the new conversations happening and engage with them quickly (or go inside of them to explore more replies).

Excited for you to try it and let us know what you think!

-The Advertiser Community

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: New Community Feature- Live Feed

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

To me it slows things down, because you can't see on the feed WHO replied, only that there are X amount of replies.  The old version would at least Name the Last reply  ie Tim, Helmut, Ben, Other TC's etc so you knew it was covered.  Now you have to open each thread to see if it is handled, thus taking more of the volunteer time available, instead of going to post that are not covered - Make sense?   See if they can add icons or something of the last replies. or do something like the Hatfield GPF's do.

Example of how it is in the other GPF - Hatfield version (From Websearch)  - you can see amount of expert replies as well as WHICH experts replies, and if the Thread has the "accepted Answer Given".. Thus being more efficient for the TC's and their volunteer time.

answers.JPG

Here is how it looks "Live Feed in En-Advertisers "  forums- no indication of WHO..

replies.JPG

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Also in the Feed Itself, U would have to click on the X Replies to see those replies, and if you just hit REPLY like I did here, the previous replies DO NOT SHOW UP, so you can't add on or read what was said prior..  Just saying :)

quick r.JPG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great idea. I get overwhelmed by individual emails. A "digest" will
make it more digestible.
I will be less likely to put off the reading until later.

Thanks,
Ron

P.S. As an example, I am getting duplicates of your emails now for some
reason. I am now in the habit of deleting one and storing the other in
a folder. That would stop if I just had one email a little less often.

--
Ron Cunningham
Global Soft Technologies
www.gstwebsites.com

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

Hey @Eric Gehler - This is great feedback. I do think that adding an icon for the latest responder would be helpful, I'll provide this feedback to Yuri and see what we can do. We're always looking for ways to make things faster!

You also mentioned the read replies functionality while in the live feed tab; you can click the "replies" button which then opens the thread in a new tab to view the conversation in full. It's one extra click but it does make it a lot easier to see the whole conversation. Check it out: 

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.41.33 PM.png

I tend to like the full reply editor but it doesn't allow you to see the whole conversation (just the last reply). So for me, having the ability to flip flop from the open tab with the entire convo, to the tab where I'm quick replying in the live feed is pretty awesome. I'm happy to share this feedback with Yuri as well to see what we can do but for now this could be a useful workaround.

@Ronald C, It's nice to "meet" you! Thanks for joining our community and sharing your thoughts here. You mentioned getting duplicate emails - could you provide any additional information about that issue? Possibly a screenshot of the duplicate threads in your inbox? It might help us diagnose the issue a little quicker. 

Note: Please always avoid sending personal information in your screenshots. This is a public forum, so always be careful when sharing your information.

You mentioned a "digest", have you set your email preferences yet? If not, here's how to do that:

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.47.18 PM.png

Step 1: Go to your Settings

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.49.43 PM.png

Step 2: Go to your Subscriptions & Notifications

Screen Shot 2016-11-10 at 10.48.24 PM.png

Step 3: Go to your Notification Settings and select "Daily Digest"

Hope this was helpful and thanks again for your feedback!

Best,

Marissa

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter