AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4K members online now
4K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

[Launch] Secondary Google updates for spreadsheet users

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

Google updates are an important part of knowing how your customers see your business information, but some updates are so minor that you don’t want to be notified. We hear ya!

We’re rolling out a few changes that should help out:

1. ‘Secondary’ updates are being introduced to help separate the updates that aren’t as impactful.
  2. The ‘To-do’ card in your Google My Business dashboard will no longer include these secondary updates.

To start, an update will be considered secondary if it's for a non-sensitive attribute (e.g. "Serves breakfast") and the listing owner has not added a value themselves.

Don’t worry, you can still look at the updates by visiting the editor or selecting the ‘Secondary updates’ sub-filter from the Google updates filter view.

Note: This change is only visible in the classic dashboard for now.

Thanks!

Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
1 Expert replyverified_user

[Launch] Secondary Google updates for spreadsheet users

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Allyson_GMB

Good job! 

I'm helping your Business   G+ profil

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn  how here.