Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

[Launch] Menus Now Editable in GMB Web

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Google My Business listing owners have had the ability to add and edit their own menu links in the info tab of their dashboard. Now, in addition to using the GMB API or 3P menu service, listing owners will be able to showcase their menu directly on their Google listing for consumers on mobile by adding their own structured menu using the GMB Info tab.

Use this editor to add menu items (dishes) including title, description, and price, as well as to create multiple sections of the menu, i.e. appetizers, entrees, and desserts.

This feature will only be available if the listing is not currently connected to a third party provider and for listings in English speaking locals. If one of your listings is currently displaying an incorrect menu, please see this help center link for more information on how to correct or remove the link.

Thanks!

Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,  a few questions:    

1) is this available in Canada? 

2) Can you provide an example of what this new feature is?   

3) How do I access it? 

thank you 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Please provide an illustration.  Please also specify which industries/categories this can be used.  It is not presently available for grocery/supermarket - although it would be handy for our Bakery, Deli and Catering menus.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can a business delete or stop a 3rd party provder and go with this new GMB

menu option to have more in real time?

Re: [Launch] Menus Now Editable in GMB Web

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

If it's available for your business, as @Allyson_GMB mentioned, it can be found under the 'info' tab while editing your listing.

menu.JPGmenu1.JPG

- Krystal

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you @KrystalT - much appreciated

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wonderful news @Allyson_GMB

Question, Do i need to remove the link to our menu on rootdomain.com/{location}
Before the menu items will appear in my GMB dashboard?

I have over 20+ locations (all same restaurant) all menu links pointed at their own location page on our website. Will this be viewed as a 3rd party link?

Thank you,
Scott

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

In the screenshot I included above, the domain menu link was still in GMB so this shouldn't be an issue. They display in different places. This menu schema has been available in the API for awhile and having the link hasn't been an issue. I would try adding and see if it still publishes :)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This might be of value if the ongoing Business Dashboard 'review info' issues would get resolved rather than ignored.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! Really nice feature. Is it supposed to be available globally already? 

Thanks!