Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

[Launch] Check out all the new features for websites with Google

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

In 2016, we launched a free website builder on Google My Business to help business large and small create a stronger online presence. Since launching, there have been a lot of changes and updates to improve functionality and customization for business owners and their customers.

To help you learn more about this feature and see the best ways to utilize it for your business, we’ve provided a few tips and tricks in this article.

How to Optimize your Website

The text on your website is used to determine your rank in Google Search so the most important thing you can do to optimize your website is to write original, high-quality content. Try describing what’s unique about your business, writing about your company’s history or adding more photos.

There are also a lot of optional elements to customize to make sure visitors find your site and become customers. For example:

• Primary button: Choose the main action button you want customers to see. Ranging from a direction link, call button, order/appointment link and more!
    • Check out our Help Center article for a full list of what the primary button can represent.  
  • Text fields: Describe what’s unique about your business in the  “Headline” and “Description” fields
  • Business information: including business name, address, hours of operation, phone number, and business category.
  • Theme: Pick a theme specific to your business and website
  • Links to external sites: such as ordering or reservations.

Recent updates

Check out some of these new updates we’ve made to make it even easier for you to create the perfect website for your business:

You can now create posts to share updates, sales, events and more with potential customers. Your latest posts will appear on your Google website as well as on Google Search and Maps. If you don’t want these posts to appear on your website, you can choose to delete them from your GMB listing. Check out the steps on how to delete a post here.

Faster Publishing

Creating your free website just got even easier. Hitting ‘publish’ will instantly create your GMB website. No need  to choose a domain or website name prior to publishing, though these are still important steps to take once your website is live.

Photo Gallery

The photo gallery on Google websites has been re-designed to better promote your business to potential customers. You can now upload up to 9 photos of your business, services or products. As always, photos can be imported from your existing Google Maps listing or uploaded from your devices.

Let us know your thoughts on the new changes!

Thanks,

Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
2 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, the posts which appear on my website, will the content (of those posts or updates) contribute to my websites' search ranking on Google? 

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

A good new feature on the web .. Posts Thank you!
i'm testing on http://tenvelkejcz-virtualni-prohlidky-moje-firma.business.site/

I'm helping your Business   G+ profil

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn  how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Fantastic feature

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The posting feature is absolutely amazing in getting a new page (you just published) to be indexed by Google. We tested this across 22 websites with amazing effects. 

Funny enough, Bing pick up these posts as well! This was a complete shocker.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Allyson_GMB How does someone delete a draft/unused GMB Website? Once published is it possible to unpublish? Are the resulting sites AMP html sites? What is the Canonical URL for the published site?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hey @Jay Holtslander

You can find the steps for unpublishing your GMB website here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7199457?hl=en

Thanks!

Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter