Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Introducing the Google My Business API

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Google My Business is helping businesses around the world connect with their customers when they search for them on Google. Today we’re introducing the Google My Business API to make it easier for large businesses and third parties to integrate with the Google My Business platform and publish updates to customers on Google Search & Maps. For example, you can now set your special hours for the holiday season and update them across all of your locations using the Google My Business API.

Through the new Google My Business API, developers can:

• Create business locations with information such as name, address, phone number, category, business hours, and more
  • Manage special hours
  • Mark a business location as permanently closed
  • Manage business photos
  • List, invite and remove managers on locations and business accounts
  • Read listing state to identify Google updated, duplicate and suspended locations
  • Search/Filter locations by name, category and label
  • Set the service area for a business either by specifying a point and radius or Place IDs

To learn more about the Google My Business API and to apply for access, visit our developer page .

Questions or feedback? Contact the API team on the Google My Business API Board.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Introducing the Google My Business API

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Thanks for the update! :)

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
ElizabethP,
This is great news, especially for agencies! We were looking for a way to help businesses setup a GMB page for free and it looks like this could be the answer.

Do you have any insight in regards to the Pages API? We have a tool that displays Pages statistics beyond what the insights dashboard creates, and would like to incorporate the data from insights. But, there is only one way I have seen to gain access, via a application.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

@Ben Fisher Thanks for the question, and apologies for my delay in responding! The team let me know that setting up a dashboard is going to be your best bet. Let me know if you have further questions. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Great thank you Elizabeth!
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is the API open to all "my business" users or only to the existing ADWords API users?

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

@zach w I did some research on this, and it looks like it is open to all Google My Business users who are "directly developing an application using the API" per the developer's site FAQs. There is a lot of information about how the GMB API ties into the AdWords API there as well. Let me know if you have further questions!

-Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi There

Is it possible to send the Insights data into an App ??

Thanks
Anubhav

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi @Anubhav N,

Thanks for the question! I'm not aware of one now, aside from the Google My Business app. I'll pass this feedback along to our API team, though!

Liz

GMB Community Manager

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi @ElizabethP,

Waiting for your kind revert :)

Thanks
Aijaz