Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Google My Business Community Guidelines

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi Everyone!

Our experts do their very best to address each question that comes into the community, but sometimes they need a bit more information to do so. Therefore, we’ve provided a few best practices below --

Best Practices:

• Check out the GMB Go-To Guides for answers to common questions
    • It’s a great place to get started and learn a few tips and tricks along the way

• When creating a new post, make sure that you provide the following information:
    • Full business name
    • Current business address
    • Current telephone number 
    • Google Maps URL
    • Website (if applicable)

Screen Shot 2017-12-01 at 11.05.56 AM.png

• Search the community for questions similar to yours but don't post on old threads or posts from the News and Updates board with a new question/issue
    • It’s unlikely these questions will be seen or responded to

• When receiving a response to your community post, that answers your question or resolves your issue, mark that answer as the ‘Best Answer’ or ‘Accepted Solution’.
    • This helps other users know what the correct answer was and lets the responding user know you found their answer helpful

• Don't create duplicate posts in different boards
    • Duplicate posts overcrowd our community and make it hard for TCs and other users to find who really needs help

• Be patient, and respectful, someone will get to your response as soon as they can. Don't tag a TC into a thread for help unless they’ve specifically asked you to.
    • Many TCs feel this allows users to ‘jump the line’ and they don’t want to give preference to specific users over others

• When linking to your local listing do not provide a link to business.google.com, use your search/maps URL
    • User’s won’t be able to open links from business.google.com, and will instead be redirected to their own account

• For reviews, it would be helpful to get the following details, to save time:
    • Link to your listing in search/maps
    • Link to the review in question
    • Why you feel this review is violating the guidelines

Following these best practices will help our experts understand your issue faster and guide you through next steps.

Thanks!

Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for this useful post!

Re: Google My Business Community Guidelines

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Office PicOffice PicI have

I have a office more than 7-8Yrs my office pic in the attached

permanent office in the location ,my account going suspend due to guilty issue.

Please help me on same any information required for my business related i will provide you.

1. Full business name -----------  Professional Packers Movers Pvt Ltd
2. Current business address    156A/73, Northern Park, BT Road, Dunlop-700108, Kolkata, West Bengal
3. Current telephone number    033-25105166
4. Google Maps URL                 
5. Website (if applicable)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Kolkata P,

As this post mentions, please don’t create unrelated replies on existing threads, especially announcements.

Instead, please create a new thread by going to https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB, selecting an appropriate board and clicking on the big red circle at the bottom-right corner of the screen.

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Time Lord,

Thanks for your response i am create a post few days ago but no body response please help me on same.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi gati home  relocation  pakers  movers add my campani Google my business  pls request 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Kindly guide me as to how to make a new post so that I can ask a question as to reinstatement of my Google Business Listing. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Allyson,

Kindly guide me as to how to make a new post so that I can ask a question as to reinstatement of my Google Business Listing. 

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

As Time Lord mentioned above, please don’t create unrelated replies on existing threads, especially announcements.

Instead, please create a new thread by going to https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB, selecting an appropriate board and clicking on the big red circle at the bottom-right corner of the screen.

To help prevent additional confusion, I'll be blocking this thread from further replies. 

Thanks! 

Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How can I connect my Google domain to google my business. ..