star_border
Highlighted

[December 1] 360 photos live stream - 9am PST/12pm EST

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Boost your online presence with 360 photos

When searching for a business, consumers use mapping products 44% of the time to make their choice (Oxera study). Listings with photos and an indoor Street View virtual tour are twice as likely to generate interest.

It’s now even easier to create your own immersive 360 experience allowing more customers to discover your business location before they arrive! Whether you own a cafe, restaurant or hotel you can find out how to hire a professional 360 photographer here or make your own Street View by using one of our simple publishing tools.

Check out the Publish and connect 360 photos article on the Help Center for step-by-step instructions or join our live stream event on December 1st!

The event will begin at 9am PST/12pm EST on December 1st. Tune in for the live broadcast below, and make sure to post any questions before or during the event for the team to answer.

Please RSVP to this event to receive a reminder email before the event.

We look forward to seeing you all there!

Best,

Marissa

Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
4 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the best 360 camera?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The one in your hand. 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Is there any way to get statistics just on 360 Photos

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

In reding the Oxera report I saw no mention of streetview as increasing click through. Does it? where is the research?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That was a super quick presentation or more of an overview. Where can we find out more info on how to do this and where we go to do this

Re: [December 1] 360 photos live stream - 9am PST/12pm EST

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

It would be good to have an update of the app functionality ( step -by -step ) as my app looks different.

I also took a load of images ( normal images ) when they were all stiched together via the app. I could only load to one location ( business )  in Maps and not an area of the street. Is that correct ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree getting a step-by-step would help alot! I was hoping this was going to be more in-depth. 

Tagging along your question of "only load to one location" do you know if you can take more than one 360 photo per location? Example, one 360 photo for each office as well as the main reception of a local business. 

Re: [December 1] 360 photos live stream - 9am PST/12pm EST

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hello everyone-

As promised, here are links from the last slide:

We would also like to take this opportunity to answer some of the questions on this thread:

Question: Is there any way to get statistics just on 360 Photos

Answer: You can find the view count of 360 images on your Maps contribution page.

Question: In reading the Oxera report I saw no mention of streetview as increasing click through. Does it? where is the research?

Answer: The Oxera study focused on examining whether users searching for businesses using mapping products actually visited those locations. The listings with imagery were twice as likely to generate interest.

Question: Where can we find out more info on how to do this and where we go to do this?

Answer: The main resource, if you are interested in doing this yourself is the Help Center. If you are interested in outsourcing the 360 photo taking, you can:

1. Visit google.com/streeview/hire to search for a trusted photographer
  2. Request a quote from up to 3 local photographers via the “Add a Virtual Tour” link in the Google My Business dashboard. *Currently only available in Australia, Canada, India, Ireland, New Zealand, the United States, and the United Kingdom - will soon also be available in Brazil, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, and Spain.

Question: It would be good to have an update of the app functionality ( step -by -step ) as my app looks different. I also took a load of images ( normal images ) when they were all stitched together via the app. I could only load to one location ( business )  in Maps and not an area of the street. Is that correct ?

Answer: You can add multiple photos to a single Maps Listing.

Question: Tagging along your question of "only load to one location" do you know if you can take more than one 360 photo per location? Example, one 360 photo for each office as well as the main reception of a local business.

Answer: You can take as many 360 photos as you would like of a location, and then use the Street View App to connect the photos, creating a virtual tour, and link, for the user, from one 360 photo to the next. Here is an example of a hotel restaurant with a 360 virtual tour. Notice the ‘chevrons’ or arrows, which allow you to go to the next connected 360 photos.

Thanks again to all who joined!

Best,

Marissa

Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Answer: You can take as many 360 photos as you would like of a location, and then use the Street View App to connect the photos

Is there something in the Help to show us how to connect multiple 360 photos in the same location together? I haven't come across it yet. 

Experts in the Topic
Phillip B
Mike Blumenthal
Tim Capper
Marissa_GMB