6.2K members online now
Announcements from the Community Team!
Guide Me
star_border

Become a Trusted Tester

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Here’s an exciting opportunity for US based small and medium sized businesses!  The Google My Business and Ads teams are working on several new product features in 2016 to improve overall merchant/advertiser engagement and value. Before releasing these product features to the general public, we want to beta test them with a group of trusted business testers who are willing to use these features and provide detailed feedback to our product team to help them improve the experience.

We are looking to build a group of Trusted business Testers based in the US (we are not looking for marketing agencies at this time) who meet these requirements:

• Willing to test out early stage products and features, and use the products consistently
  • Based on a business to customer model (not a marketing agency)
  • Have less than 100 employees
  • Willing to provide feedback to our product team
  • Willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
  • Preferred (not required) existing GMB or AdWords/AdWords Express user, a plus!

If you meet these requirements or know of a business that does, you can fill out this form, or send the form directly to the business. If the business meets our requirements, we will reach out with next steps and more information.

Thanks!

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Become a Trusted Tester

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Cool, thanks Liz. I passed this along to our US based clients.
Highlighted

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Elizabeth,
We are a Marketing Company that has been working with Townships, Chamber of Commerce's, BIA's, Rotary Clubs, & Board of Trades to helping get their local small business on Google & Google Maps. It is a little easier being Street View Certified using the Report issue to "Quick Verify" our businesses.

The Trusted Verifier would be an awesome tools for us to use with our programs here. We could literally do 20-30 a day.
Is there any way to get invited to this program for testing?

Thanks,
Chris

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
submitted... i do Local for many SMBs in Dallas as side project.. am already a Google Guide, also day job is Fortune 50 retailers... understand how local works, have been using Places since day one.. also Google Maps Admin.. Can help with smaller scale for current clients using GMB (see my dashboard in admin for this account) also can see problems for big box retailers with over 800 locations later on.. can assist with differences and transitions.. ask Jade Wang.. also.. +djpaisleyamoeba (see it on plus.) filled out form.. =) am good at keeping my mouth shut (also doing google domains beta and avid Blogger user.)

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager

@Colan Thanks so much!

@Chris S Thanks for your interest! This program is to become a Trusted Tester, so someone who can try out new features for GMB before they're released to the wider public. I think you're referencing the Trusted Verifier program, which is a different program. At this time, I don't believe that they are looking for additional verifiers. 

@Steve P Great, thanks for applying!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Liz, I used to have my own business before and my hobby are programming and video production.
I use Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Many Google services and channels, as a computer tech, I go a lot to customers
to solve many problems, but I am not a pro, just learn as need it.
Is there anything I could do ?
Thanks

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager

Hi @Orlando G,

Please feel free to apply for the program--the team is generally looking for users who meet the outlined criteria, but are happy to take a look at all applicants. Thanks for your interest! 

Liz 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Elizabeth,
My name is Uma veeramani and I am working with a startup based in India called Quixell.in which helps small and medium business go online and utilize Google tools to increase their online presence. We are not a marketing agency but work with different kinds of offline small to medium business educating and helping them to go online. Please let me know whether we will be a fit as we would love to be a part of this program.

Thanks
Uma Veeramani
Quixell.in

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager

Hi @Uma V,

Please feel free to apply--I am only here to communicate the information from our wider team, so I won't be the one making the decisions here. I know that they are open to look at all applicants, so thank you for your interest! 

Liz

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Elizabeth,

Great news! Is this only available to US businesses? I'm sure those from the UK & other countries would be interested in taking part.
Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
Colan
ElizabethP
Buzzb