Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

If you’re a small business owner, time is your most valuable asset. That’s why when it comes to managing their Google My Business account, some small business owners choose to get help from employees, friends, family or other third parties. Sometimes when the people who manage the account move on, we don’t always remember to take back control of the account until they’re gone and it’s too late.

This week we’re launching a new feature to enable users who can’t get in touch with the current verifier of a listing to start the verification process themselves. This will allow you to prove you are the current representative of the business and take over the location without having to track down the previous manager.

Just follow the steps to sign-up and request access from the current listing owner and then follow the instructions you’ll be emailed if the current listing owner is unresponsive.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business  name is not shown on google map please help m to resole this issue

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the update @Marissa_GMB !

If a business owner is given ownership of an existing listing through this process, is the Listing's entire Brand Account transferred to the business owner (including​ any Google+ Local Page and YouTube channel on that Brand Account)? Or is only the Listing transferred​?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a long time coming and will help many owners out.  Thank you!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello @Marissa_GMB,

I understand that this update is just rolling out now. And mostly concerns solving ownership conflict if there are unresponsive listing owners. 

Yet, is there any new guidelines if the requester of admin rights is initially rejected, so he/she can request an appeal?
And if yes, where that appeal goes to? How it will be resolved?

Thanks
Justin

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi there, 

Thanks for posting your questions!

@gaurav s - I'd suggest starting a new thread under the Basics for Business Owners board. Please be sure to include your business information like the name and address. Once we have that information, we can better assist you.

@Peggy K - Good question! Only the listing will be transferred. 

Best,
Marissa

Re: Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for clarifying @Marissa_GMB!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the information 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

just start using bing, referring bing, and getting google off their high horse !

Re: Automating Ownership Conflict for Individuals

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi @JustinD,

Thanks for asking! You asked what happens when the requester of admin rights is initially rejected.

Thanks to this new feature, we're allowing users to start the verification process when they don't hear back from the current owner. This means that when you see the "Appeal" button, you'll be taken through the verification process. Once verified, we'll transfer over the business page and you'll be the owner. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Best,

Marissa

Experts in the Topic
Mike Blumenthal
Helmut Geissler
Marissa_GMB