Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Answer customer questions on Google Maps for Android

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Planning a visit somewhere raises questions ranging from “Does this restaurant provide high-chairs?” to “Are there gluten-free noodles at this market?” To find the answers to such questions, most people use search engines, but often answers are not readily available.  That’s why we’re excited to announce that Google is bringing Questions and Answers to businesses.

Questions and Answers brings new ways for you to engage with your customers:

• Add frequently asked questions and answers so that users searching for your place on Google Maps on Android can easily get the answers to common questions about your business. 
  • Answer questions from potential customers - if you have Google Maps on Android, we will send you a push notification when a new question has been asked about your business so you can share an answer. 
  • Thumb up questions and answers from other people to bring attention to helpful contributions from the community. When new questions and answers are posted to your listing from the community, we will notify you.

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 1.56.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-11 at 1.57.57 PM.png

For the next few days, you'll only be able to see the questions and answers feature on your own listing. Take this time to add a few that you've heard often! Over the next week we'll start rolling out this feature more broadly, so that you'll see the feature on listings other than your own, and other people will be able to ask and answer questions about your listing. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter
3 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Marissa_GMB 

This is a great new thing i have tested it i wrote an article in the Czech language :-)
Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My small business clients already have FAQs on their website. And 100% control. Now you want to divert traffic from their website FAQ to your maps FAQ and if that isn't bad enough, you'll force them to monitor your FAQ with virtually no control. Yea, sounds great ... for Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Marissa, is the first phase of this feature (seeing questions and answers on your own listing) available in Canada yet?

Re: Answer customer questions on Google Maps for Android

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi 

@Amanda Turner

This feature is available all over the world, not available for some categories and look .. 

otázky a odpovědi.png

------------------------------------------------

I'm helping your Business   G+ profil

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I thought Google had been collecting a lot of this data through the local guides program. I've personally answered over 1000 questions regarding details of local restaurants and businesses I've frequented. 

It's nice that SMB owners will be able to provide accurate info. But the more up-to-date info will come from the masses of google local guides and other active reviewers.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Android only? How about offering this feature in the browser based dashboard for GMB.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Oh man. I provide a service in my clients homes. So I don't get to answer people's questions? There are lots and lots of businesses that don't have a storefront. Why penalize me and other service based business that provide a service in and at someone's home? 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

The most accurate information is coming from the business owners, I spend hours every day on Google My Business to ensure that our 1500+ restaurants have the most accurate data. We have users updating our business information with the incorrect information.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

actually the feature is restricted on Mobile devices (Android especially).

Let's se what they plan for the future.

Helmut Geissler
Marissa_GMB