AdWords
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

re-engagement in universal app campaign

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled about re-engaging the user with my app.

The app is already installed 

1. can I exclude those users in search\display\in-app banners?

1a. can I exclude based on keyword user-installed combination

2. can increase bid if certain keywords are searched?

3. can I have a CTA of "open" rather than install

example:

1. I'm searching for [taxi app]

2. I have uber installed

3. I am served 

1st: Uber app campaign with install button 

- could choose uber exclude me (if they wanted? maybe gett is second)

- could the serve a CTA button with "open" and not "install"

Thanks,

Oshri.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Oshri M
May

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Oshri

1. For Search, you cannot exclude users who have already installed your App. Though for Android Search Campaigns, Google automatically excludes users who have already installed your app but its not the case for iOS Search. For Display & In-App Banners, if you opt-in to run Mobile App Install Campaign, Google again automatically excludes the users who have installed your App for both iOS & Android considering you have the Install Event set up in Adwords. Or to be on the safe side, you can also exclude the users based on a Remarketing list of users who have installed your app.

1a. You cannot do so since for Search, Google excludes users but you can set any condition for which users to exclude.

2. This kind of targeting isn't available.

3. For Search, you can create Android App Engagement Campaigns that would show the CTA as OPEN for users who have your app installed. For iOS Search, you can't do so. You can only create App Install Campaigns with the CTA as Install.

Let me know if anything is unclear.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks, @Selvin K 

1. it seems that this exclusion is 100% because I personally see ads of apps I've installed (android).

2. I hope the re-engagement possibilities will expand in the future.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

No worries @Oshri M Smiley Happy

1. Yes I agree. Its not always 100%. It all depends on if Google recognizes the App already on your phone.

2. Just to add on, Re-Engagement can also be done on In-App Banners for iOS and Display/In-App Banners for Android. You can choose Display Mobile App Engagement and give the deep links of your apps. 

Re: re-engagement in universal app campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As per the update from google rep if your android device has more than 50 Apps then it becomes difficult for Google Algo to detect whether you have the app installed or not thats why you see the add again even if you have installed the app.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Seems a bit strange that a company that owns both, search engine and phone software, isn't capable of recognizing the app installed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There's one more catch to this in case you have logged into your device with multiple email IDs in that scenario also you would be able to see ads even if you have installed the app since Google might identify that abc@gmail.com is registered with play store but abc@gmail.in is not so it might show you an app install ad again