AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

"The webpage doesn't show ads in the format..."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey 

So my App ads ran for a few days, and CTR was 35% with a high quality score. 

Today, I've noticed that it has stopped, and is showing me this error - The webpage doesn't show ads in the format of your ads on the selected device.

I have no idea what that means. Could someone help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: "The webpage doesn't show ads in the format..."

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Roshan,

Thanks for posting.There's a similar question in this thread, and the culprit is likely the same in your case--narrow targeting. If you have limited your targeting to specific devices, locations, narrow keywords, etc., you might try broadening those to get your ads running again.

Cassie

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: "The webpage doesn't show ads in the format..."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It has nothing to do with narrow targeting as seen in previous opinions. When you run a keyword diagnoses, the disapproval error we're seeing - The webpage doesn't show ads in the format of your ads on the selected device - defaults to desktop, which means our ads aren't showing up on desktops. By nature of the campaign type - "Search Network - mobile app installs," our ads aren't showing up on desktops anyway, so the error should be disregarded, and only considers ads being disapproved on desktops.

The error will not affect volume/impression share, so if you have noticed a stop in traffic, it would appear to be a result of some other cause, which could be several different things - budget, delivery method, conflicting keywords across campaigns, etc, but the alert in question certainly has nothing to do with "targeting."

Hope this helps.