AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

mobile app install ad settings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

when trying to create an app install ad for search i get this msg "An error occurred. Please try again"

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Kate L,

When you create a “Mobile app installs” campaign on the Search Network, we’ll ask you to select the app you want to promote right away, so we can help customize bidding, targeting and ad format options for your app. You can only promote one app per campaign, and the name of your app as it appears in the app store may be used as the headline of your ads. There are a few ways to select your app:

• Add an app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store
  • Enter your own app ID or package name
  • Select an app that you’ve advertised before from the drop-down menu

Note: The Android version of an app is different from the iOS version. Targeting and conversion tracking will depend on the operating system of the app you select.

For Android apps in Google Play, we can automatically track installs as conversions, so the default bid strategy is a cost-per-acquisition (CPA) bid. If you have conversion tracking set up, you can set a target CPA bid to match your app’s cost-per-install (CPI) value, and we’ll optimize your bids to help you get the most downloads.

On the Search Network, you create your app install ad right after setting your bids and budget. These ads are linked to the app store page for your app, so you can get people from click to download even quicker. Your ads can show on Google Search results, or on Google Play Search (Android only).

App install ads are automatically generated ads, which are also referred to as click-to-download ads. We can build this ad using your app icon and reviews of your app in the Google Play or Apple App store. These ads can look different depending on the websites or apps where they appear. For example, your ad headline may be generated from the name of your app as it appears in app stores or from the text you enter in AdWords depending on available space and expected performance. See more details about app promotion ads

Keep in mind, your ads will not be translated. Make sure that your language targeting matches the language used in your ads.

After your create your ad, you’ll select your keywords. Try picking keywords that correspond to search terms used by people looking for apps like yours on Google Search and Play — you might add the word “app” to descriptions of what your app does. Your ads will be eligible to show on Google Search and search results on Google Play.

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

hi 

could you provide more details.

regards,

Zaby

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thanks for replying

ye when I choose the app and fill in all the details it seems ok (daily budget, language and so on) I click save and continue (want to move to the next step and choose KWs) it gives me a red line above the daily budget area where it says "An error occurred. Please try again later." but no field is marked red or showing any issues....tried in both chrome and other browsers, both pc and mac - not sure what to do next

thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Kate,

I am having the same issue, did you find a solution?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm having the same issue. Any help?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Her problem - and mine - seems to be that we create the ad just fine, but we get this error:

"An error occurred. Please try again later."

None of the fields are marked in red.  I am never able to create my ad.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have the same issue. I found out it's working fine for an Android app. I just have an error when I try to create a campaign for an iOS app. Any luck finding how to resolve this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no- not yet Smiley Sad

lets keep updating if any of us get it done eventually

thanks

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Roni B@Isabelle P@Rubens J

got it Smiley Happy

i succeeded now  -change the bid strategy from maximize clicks to target search page location - it worked now for me (later ill try to edit it back after it runs a bit and see if i can change strategy again

hope this helps