AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

message extensions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking at my message extensions on the ad extension page and google says i got 43 clicks in the last 7 days. Does that mean i should have received 43 text messages or that's just the number of times an ad was clicked with a message extension on it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

message extensions

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hey Jason,

what you are looking at is report that is saying how many times your ad was clicked on when this extension was active. You should segement data by click type and you will see how many times someone clicked on this very extension. But this is still not a report on how many text messages has been actually sent.

Tomáš

message extensions

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Well... Technically, users were  promoted 43 times to send a text message. But they are also promoted (if this is the first time to use the extension) to choose an app to send the message. If they chose any app which was not the native SMS app of the device (e.g. They choose WhatsApp) - the message would not be delivered. This is a technical issue Google is aware of and working to fix.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’