AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Will making my landing page (site?) mobile friendly improve my quality score?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have a plain text HTML landing page and a Quality score of 3/10  to 5/10 for my keywords. My landing page contains words in my ad.  I'm selling services in my geographic neighborhood BTW.

It's plain text site.  At the most, I have three JPG images.

Will I get a better QS of I make my landing page mobile friendly? 

Do I have to make my entire site mobile friendly?  Or just my landing page.

I'm HTML literate but not a coding genius.  How do I make my landing page (or site) mobile friendly?  I'm using Notepad to edit my HTML pages.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author bobbym880
April 2016

Re: Will making my landing page (site?) mobile friendly improve my quality score?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

There are many factors that go into the quality score (see https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010 for a full review), but the most common mistakes usually are around ad relevance (do your keywords, ad text, and and page content all align) and your bids.

When you look at a keyword in AdWords, mouse over the little bubble (status column) and see what Google thinks of your keyword. Here is a little cheat sheet I share with people who want to tweak their campaign (this is no substitute for learning best practices!):

Expected clickthrough rate: Below average? Bid higher!

Ad relevance:
Below Average? Switch keyword matching to Modified Broad and:

*  Plan A: Make Sure Keyword matches Headline matches Page H1,
  *  Plan B: Switch Headline to Dynamic Keyword Insertion

Landing page experience: Below Average? Check site with https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/ or adapt one of the many nice, free, open HTML one-page templates available. 

All of this is overly-simplistic... but this is where I would start.  

Re: Will making my landing page (site?) mobile friendly improve my quality score?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Though QS matter a lot but it is not your goal, you need a good and relevant traffic anyhow.
If QS is 7 but you are not getting the right or expected traffic due to device then this QS is of no use. So, I recommend you to make your landing page as well as website mobile friendly.
Almost every survey, even by Google says that now mobile traffic dominates desktop traffic.
I have found that the CTR is also better on mobile devices with full browser.

If you are unable to make your website mobile friendly by your own then you need to hire a developer for this.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Phillip, good answer! But what about the question: "Will I get a better QS if I make my landing page mobile friendly?". If I have only desktop traffic does mobile optimization affect on my LandingPageRelevance parameter of QS?