AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Will MyBusiness info override call extension

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

We currently have a my business account set up for our store locations. We also have an eCommerce presence across the county. If we set up our national phone number as a call extension at the account level will any customer within the Google determined  radius of a store be shown the phone number from the MyBusiness account linked to AdWords instead of the national phone number? How does Google determine which number to show?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Will MyBusiness info override call extension

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@CBWY5

That's a good question.  I use both of these extensions together for a lot of my clients. From what I can tell, the phone number from the MyBusiness account doesn't show with the location extension any more. Just the business address, and hours. The call extension, which is a different tracking number, is the only number I've ever seen associated with the ad.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
I have recently had several examples where call conversions have dropped off, and I have discovered that the address and phone number from MyBusiness were showing instead of the (trackable) call extension. Because their address wasn't for a retail location, we switched off the location extension, and got the trackable call extension appearing again.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @CBWY5,

Only call extension will work for this scenario, use different tracking number. You can't use or merge google Mybusiness phone number here directly in adwords ad extension.

Threw Google MyBusiness you can use for only location extension.

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar

<edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per our Community Guidelines, in order to remove a self-promotional signature. Thank you for your understanding.