AdWords
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Why am I only getting calls that are wrong numbers from my AdWords?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have had 5 verified calls since I launched my campaign and non of them wanted to talk to me. One of them was for 0 seconds and the other 4 told me it was a wrong number when I answered the phone. What can I do to stop this?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James D
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@James D

I understand how this can be frustrating for you. Is this a call only campaign? 

The most likely reason this is happening is that the call forwarding number(s) have a history to them. They might still be published elsewhere on the web, or even on lists used by telemarketers.  

For the time being, you may want to consider disabling the call forwarding number and just using your own. Then try enabling again in a few days to see if the wrong number calls stop.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author James D
January 2017

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@James D

I understand how this can be frustrating for you. Is this a call only campaign? 

The most likely reason this is happening is that the call forwarding number(s) have a history to them. They might still be published elsewhere on the web, or even on lists used by telemarketers.  

For the time being, you may want to consider disabling the call forwarding number and just using your own. Then try enabling again in a few days to see if the wrong number calls stop.