AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

We have placed some ads in mobile apps. Can I tell which apps are generating the most clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We'd like to know which specific apps are driving the most clicks.
Secondarily to that, once we know the specific apps that are driving the most clicks, can we choose to only place our ads in those apps? Or can you only get as granular as choosing an app category?

1 Expert replyverified_user

We have placed some ads in mobile apps. Can I tell which apps are generating the most clicks?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi there,

Thanks for posting to the Community! Accessing the Placements section of your Display campaign will help you accomplish both of these things.

If you click into your campaign > go to the Display Network tab > Click on "Placements," this should pull up a list of the placements (or websites/apps) where your ads have appeared for the date range you have selected. You can sort this list by clicks to find which placements are driving the most activity on your ads.

If you decide to target those "top apps" individually, you can click the red +Targeting button and select those specific apps or websites as targeted sites. It's often best to test this in a separate ad group in your campaign so that you can make sure that you still get the number of clicks and conversions you need.

You can read more about placements here.

Let me know if you have additional questions,
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cassie,

Thanks for your response!
I followed your instructions and can see the App Categories where our ads have appeared but I can't seem to tell which specific apps within those categories drove the most clicks. I'm guessing it doesn't allow me to see that level of detail?

Thanks

Bec