AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Warned that my landing page-isn't mobile friendly...but it is!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've just seen this alarming message in Google Adwords:

However, every time I run the mobile friendly tool it comes up as mobile friendly (which it is)

Can anyone think why this might have happened and how to avoid getting penalised for having a non-mobile friendly landing page when I clearly do!

I've pressed the submit to google button on that mobile-friendly test page.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris M
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris M,

Yes, if the page does not load all the way, it would cause odd and/or incorrect results. Just give it time and it should clear on it's own, since you know your website is in fact mobile-responsive.

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris M,

I would review your Google Search Console/Webmaster account and see what they say under the Mobile info. 

Typically, even when a website is mobile-friendly, it could have elements on a specific page that something is coded a bit differently and it causes that page only to flag an alert. It does not mean your website is not mobile-friendly... but more that the element is too close or mimics the elements of a non-mobile friendly webpage. 

If you do not see anything in Google Search Console, then it could just be a mere glitch by the Adbot that crawled your website and sent the generic message via AdWords. I would investigate and verify. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

I did the mobile friendly test over and over again and eventually it failed to render the page correctly for some reason (it almost half loaded the page and the main nav bar was all visible as a series of links) which then caused the 'links too close together' warning. 99% of the time it loaded properly so it must have been a temporary glitch.

I guess this will go away the next time it checks whether my pages are mobile friendly and I shouldn't worry right?

Thank you.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris M
December 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Chris M,

Yes, if the page does not load all the way, it would cause odd and/or incorrect results. Just give it time and it should clear on it's own, since you know your website is in fact mobile-responsive.

Kind Regards,

James