AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Using Analytics Goals for Adwords Conversions for Apps

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client's app does not have Firebase installed, but it is configured for Google Analytics. We have a variety of goals defined in GA representing conversion points in the app, and I can import these into the linked Adwords account.

So, I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to use these for Adwords app campaigns as conversions? It appears that you must choose the embedded code or server-to-server option, but it seems odd I'm able to import these conversions.
  2. Can I run an app campaign as a website campaign to target these imported conversions?
  3. If so, would I simply target the install page in the Play Store as my final URL and use the imported conversion? Or do I need Firebase to do this right?
  4. Can you track a website click through to an in-app conversion? For instance, could I use a web campaign to target a landing page, with the end of the funnel being the in-app conversion that is in a different property in the same GA account?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Using Analytics Goals for Adwords Conversions for Apps

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Matt, thanks for reaching out to the AdWords Community. We apologize for our delay in responding to your question. If you're still encountering an issue, please let us know. We'd be more than happy to look into this right away. Thanks again for your patience, we look forward to hearing back.

Best,
Akhil