AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Learn how to reach mobile device users, drive phone calls, and increase app installs
Guide Me
star_border

Universal app campaign - Unknown error, please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning,

i'm trying to start an universal app campaign, but it's givinig me always the same message of error in the announcement section and in the optimization section.

It says nothing in the first case (I don't know if the error accours about the text line or what) and it says, in the second case, that I can't set in-app actions also if I've selected the first option (new download).

Thank you for your answers,

Federica

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Federica, 

Please include what your 1st error message says if possible. Regarding your second issue, you cannot run a campaign that both is "Installs" and "In-App Actions" you will need to run 2 separate campaigns for this. 

Hope this helps, 

- Josh

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Universal app campaign - Unknown error, please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning Josh,

thank you for your reply.

In the firts section the error message says: An error occurred. Please try again later.

Both the video - link from YouTube - and the lines of text are underlined in red . I've tried to change the lines adding punctuation at the end of every sentence, but it changes nothing.

In the second section, I'm tryng to start an "Get new users for your app" campaign, but it gives me an error and it says: Your campaign can't be optimized around your users' in-app behavior because you haven't set up any in-app actions; besides the standard advice: An error occurred. Please try again later.

I really don't understand...

Thanks,

Federica

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem.
Did you find out how to fix it?

Re: Universal app campaign - Unknown error, please help!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good morning Viktor,

at the end of the day, we opened a new google account and tried again. The error poped up again and we tried to start a campaign just connecting the app and putting random letters in the slogan slots, like "fghjk".

This way worked. After the campaign was started, we have paused it, and we have modified the messages and found that the error pop up when some words were in the slogans. Try after try we have found the messages that the system doesn't refuse, saved and started the campaign.

Hope it will be useful.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I also have the same problem. Been trying to submit the campaign since last night. Always gets the message "An error occurred. Please try again later." No indication what kind of error it is. Red box on the Text Ideas (tried every possible phrase), same message on the Images part even if I didn't upload any image, and same message on the Campaign optimization area even if i set it as 'Get new users for your app' because I don't have any in-app products. I don't know what to do to make this okay for submission. Please help.